thank you coaches

kramer

Thank you to the coaches for delivering the best class in NU history. To have them all signed before noon central time is amazing!! looking forward to next season already. Selling Nebraska got much, muc easier when you look at what Coach Cal could sell that his predecessors at NU couldn't...

1- NFL coaching (Super Bowl rings make a HUGE difference!!!)

2- NFL style mWCO (NFL schemes that prepare them for the next level.)

3- NFL caliber weight and strength training (Kennedy took Boyd's blueprint to the next level!!!)

4- NFL exposure (a lot of these coaches have it in w/ NFL coaches and player personnel, giving them an edge to NFL exposure.)

While very displeased with last season's results, I must say I am impressed by the recruiting class. It's obvious that Callahan and company can recruit. However, that doesn't necessarily mean we will be national championship-caliber again. I think Ron Zook at Florida proved that great recruiting classes do not automatically equate to championships. You have to have coaches who will get the most out of those recruits. After last year, I have no reason to believe this coaching staff can do that. If after a few years we're back on top, I'll be more than willing to say I was wrong. But until then, I'll remain skeptical.

Incidentally, Callahan doesn't have a Super Bowl ring. His Raiders were demolished by the Bucs. I happened to see a bit of an NFL films show about that game today, and several times it showed Jon Gruden saying, "Man, they don't run the ball at all, do they?" I thought the same thing at times last season.

While very displeased with last season's results, I must say I am impressed by the recruiting class. It's obvious that Callahan and company can recruit. However, that doesn't necessarily mean we will be national championship-caliber again. I think Ron Zook at Florida proved that great recruiting classes do not automatically equate to championships. You have to have coaches who will get the most out of those recruits. After last year, I have no reason to believe this coaching staff can do that. If after a few years we're back on top, I'll be more than willing to say I was wrong. But until then, I'll remain skeptical.

Incidentally, Callahan doesn't have a Super Bowl ring. His Raiders were demolished by the Bucs. I happened to see a bit of an NFL films show about that game today, and several times it showed Jon Gruden saying, "Man, they don't run the ball at all, do they?" I thought the same thing at times last season.

I think your absolutely correct. I like recruiting because it's really now turned into a seperate season. So much so the rankings, however skewed they may be, can hold bragging rights. We have no idea who's going to get injured. No idea who's going to get homesick. No idea whos' going to smoke pot.