Interesting talent data

I'm willing to be patient as long as we play competitive. If we come out this year and next year and just get totally throttled like last year, then I will become very disgruntled and patience will wear thin. If we're getting absolutely blasted at halftime in the Homecoming game, my patience will wear razor thin. I expect to see mistakes especially on D in 08'. However, they had better be aggressive mistakes rather than guys just sitting back doing nothing. Improvements have got to be made in the turnover ration, time of possession, etc. I never thought I'd ever say this, but winning or losing the games aren't nearly as important to me in 08' as HOW we play.

I think this is the attitude everyone should be taking. Perhaps we do have the talent to be more than competitive. Perhaps it was all coaching. But even then, it's asking a lot for a significant level of improvement in terms of wins and losses.

But improvement - real, observable improvement - can come if the team plays hard every game and every play, doesn't quit, competes, gives it their all. If I see that, I'll gladly take it. Because it means that the first ingredient - attitude - is in place, and that the second ingredient - coaching - is there. That would mean that it's just a matter of getting the right guys, which can take time.

I'm willing to be patient as long as we play competitive. If we come out this year and next year and just get totally throttled like last year, then I will become very disgruntled and patience will wear thin. If we're getting absolutely blasted at halftime in the Homecoming game, my patience will wear razor thin. I expect to see mistakes especially on D in 08'. However, they had better be aggressive mistakes rather than guys just sitting back doing nothing. Improvements have got to be made in the turnover ration, time of possession, etc. I never thought I'd ever say this, but winning or losing the games aren't nearly as important to me in 08' as HOW we play.

I think this is the attitude everyone should be taking. Perhaps we do have the talent to be more than competitive. Perhaps it was all coaching. But even then, it's asking a lot for a significant level of improvement in terms of wins and losses.

But improvement - real, observable improvement - can come if the team plays hard every game and every play, doesn't quit, competes, gives it their all. If I see that, I'll gladly take it. Because it means that the first ingredient - attitude - is in place, and that the second ingredient - coaching - is there. That would mean that it's just a matter of getting the right guys, which can take time.

I could not agree more. Your view is precisely my view. We can only hope for heart, intensity, effort and good sportsmanship and fine representation of our school and state in terms of effort and character from our players. now we as fans need to as well represent our school and our state by being great fans --- appreciating it when our players and coaches have given their all. Giving their all may still equate only to barely being bowl eligible --- but what really matters is giving their all and our supporting them in their efforts. As you say, step one is getting the proper team attitude and solid coaching. In due course, if we have that, we'll begin to get players and, eventually, begin to compete and compete well. Baby steps.