Blake named top recruiter

1. How conveniently you forget the 40+ years of winning season (mostly 9+ wins) previous to that blip on the radar screen.

2. A POWERHOUSE, like Miss St, or like the powerhouse program he ran at OU?

3. But you never hear former players say he was a great coach, either. They say how wonderful of a guy he is, and the great personal realtionship they have with him, but I have never, ever, ever heard one former player said that he made the guy a better player.  BTW, you can throw out the whole Cowboys thing, they won the SB and had all of those All-Pro guys there before he ever was hired. He just rode the coat-tails of what Johnson and Switzer did.

1. You can't take T.O. out of retirement. Get over it. And Frankie's no T.O.

2. He's no longer a head coach, he's not fit for a head coach, he's a defensive lines coach, and he's a damn good one and a damn fine recruiter.

3. Yeah, he just sat back and drank kool-aid as the Cowboys cruised to win another ring. All he had to do was show up at work. Give me a break.

Blake did amazing things with our D-Line. We were consistently ranked in the top 5 this year in rush defense and finished up somewhere around top 10, much better than last year. And you can't say it was all Barrett Ruud, or you weren't watching. J.B. did great things with the guys he had this year. His DE's got adequate pass rushes in most games, and despite the SEVERE lack of depth he had to take over at DT, he took what he had and ran with it. And if you think he's a horrible coach, if you blame the D-Line for this year's poor defense, then you're pathetic.

Actually, the Dline was the deepest part of this team before cally got here and raided it. It was stacked, but billy-boy was more concerned about making sure that "his system" worked than he was making sure that NU won games, so he took that depth from the Dline, and moved it to the Oline, with mixed success. And the Dline wasnt very good this year, contrary to your belief.

Sorry that your Big Red blinders wont allow you to see it. Talk about pathetic........

Actually, the Dline was the deepest part of this team before cally got here and raided it.  It was stacked, but billy-boy was more concerned about making sure that "his system" worked than he was making sure that NU won games, so he took that depth from the Dline, and moved it to the Oline, with mixed success.

Sorry that your Big Red blinders wont allow you to see it. Talk about pathetic........

So they would have done better having a thinner O-line and a deeper D-Line? I don't think it got better than the DT's that played last year as far as the depth chart is concerned. So did it really matter? Sure if some guys got hurt and we needed more depth at those positions, that's one thing but that really didn't happen.

Actually, the Dline was the deepest part of this team before cally got here and raided it.  It was stacked, but billy-boy was more concerned about making sure that "his system" worked than he was making sure that NU won games, so he took that depth from the Dline, and moved it to the Oline, with mixed success.

So they would have done better having a thinner O-line and a deeper D-Line? I don't think it got better than the DT's that played last year as far as the depth chart is concerned. So did it really matter? Sure if some guys got hurt and we needed more depth at those positions, that's one thing but that really didn't happen.

Didnt really matter because callahans offense sucks, at least the D may have improved a little.

The thing I didn't get was he moved dlineman like patrick,seppo, and helming to offense but then he weakened the dline so much he moved a promising olineman to dline. This to me doesn't make sense. I can see moving some guys around, that is fine but to do that is stupid.