Is this router good NEED HELP????

Ok I just moved into my house and I've been doing a lot of work to it and had my cable company install digital cable and high speed internet. My fiance told me that she would be over more to do homework if I had wireless internet. So I went out and bought a Linksys - Ultra RangePlus Wireless-N Broadband Router with 4-Port Switch at Best Buy. When the cable guy came to install my internet, my mom (I was out of town)told him what I bought and he told me to take back the router which I havent' opened yet back and to get a Motorola wireless modem with a built in router. So took back the Linksys and got a Motorola - 2.4GHz Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway.

I hooked that up and it was awesome, both my buddy and I could play our PS3 together without getting booted until one night. We were playing Call of Duty 4 and he invited me to a room with two other buddies of ours. So my buddy was the host and as soon as we started the map I got kick out and it would always do this if myself or my buddy was the host. So we had our friends send us invites and everything went well until another night.

My now fiance came over to study and I was online playing Battlefield: Bad Company. So she got online and then my buddy came over and he got online so there's three of us online at once wireless. My buddy had a hard time getting online (maybe because he was the last one to get online) and once he did it was lagging and really really slow. So I took back the modem and got this above router NETGEAR - RangeMax Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with 4-Port Ethernet Switch.

I talked to the Best Buy Geek Squad guy and he told me to get this Netgear one because it'll do the job that I want it to do and it's one of the best that they sell (He told me that he was going to get the same router for his house). So I hooked it up and had my buddy, my g/f, and myself online at once and we never encounterd any lag or any other problems but my fiance wasn't constantly browsing stuff either. SO HERE IS MY QUESTION

Did I get the right router for what I'll be using it for??? I have two PS3's hooked up wireless and a laptop....so will this be the right router for me. Like I said all of us were on all at once but my fiance wasn't browsing the net continuesly. If this Wireless router fails.....is there a better wireless router or wireless modem with a built in router out there for my needs???

Sorry for writing a lot.......I'm just getting sick of driving back and forth from home to Best Buy.

Yeah...The Playstation Network gets somewhat "confused" by the multiple connections using the same IP Address when playing online. Even if you assign each playstation its own static IP, put one in the DMZ and forward the ports on the other, you still only have one "real" IP address provided by the Internet Service Provider. This is what the PSN sees. I have had the same issues as you, I have 2 laptops and two PS3's on my wireless network. The router you currently have is a pretty badass router, I'm using just the basic Linksys Wireless G router. Have you tried port forwarding at all? This made my setup run alot smoother, but I still have troubles every now and then. Hope this answers your question!

Yeah...The Playstation Network gets somewhat "confused" by the multiple connections using the same IP Address when playing online. Even if you assign each playstation its own static IP, put one in the DMZ and forward the ports on the other, you still only have one "real" IP address provided by the Internet Service Provider. This is what the PSN sees. I have had the same issues as you, I have 2 laptops and two PS3's on my wireless network. The router you currently have is a pretty badass router, I'm using just the basic Linksys Wireless G router. Have you tried port forwarding at all? This made my setup run alot smoother, but I still have troubles every now and then. Hope this answers your question!

I don't even know what port forwarding is or how to do it :lol:

Router should work fine although you could have saved a little money and gone with the Wireless-G version.

he has a Wireless-N version....it's one of the newer versions that will have a significantly faster data transfer rate

the bottle neck is the cable line itself, IMO.

That's great if your network adapter is also wireless-N, but most PC's 6-months and older do not and have N capabilites, only G.