I know I know another dumb prediction thread

Yes I know there has been a million of these predictions being thrown around and yes I know that camp has not even started, but I have read a million predictions from regular people like me to so called "experts" and I feel it is now my turn to put out a completely meaningless prediction.

Preface: I will say that my love for the Huskers flows strongly through my veins and like every other fan believe that they will win the national championship every year BUT I did in my best effort to put all that aside and look at this as unbiased as possible and break this schedule down like I would be breaking down, say, Penn State.

Ok here it goes.

Call me a homer or whatever but I honestly look at the schedule Nebraska has, with 5 straight home games to begin the season, and can see this team 5-0 after the Missouri game. I am a firm believer in home field, court, stadium etc. advantage and this young team and young coaching staff having their first 5 games at home will equate to more wins than losses. Now if it were split like 3 at home 2 on the road or vice versa this team would definitely be 3-2 probably. We all know how traveling can take alot out of ya but staying at home can benefit you even more. Mark my words 4-1 after the mizzou game with the loss coming to va tech or mizzou.

That takes us to the next part of the schedule 2 straight away games first at T.Tech then at Iowa state and then home against Baylor. I don't know what it is about Texas Tech, they aren't a power house program and don't win the conference or BCS games, but something about Tech and the Huskers never really mix well. I think Tech scares me more than Oklahoma does to be honest. Passing teams vs. the Huskers scare the crap outta me. Loss vs. Tech then rebound with a win vs. another embarrassing Iowa State team. Baylor rolls into Lincoln next and honestly I can see them putting up a little fight in a losing effort. I just have that gut feeling about Baylor. Maybe its gas, I dunno. Anyways Huskers 6-2 heading to Oklahoma.

Ahhh the Oklahoma rivalry is restored. Pelini will have the guys pumped and ready to play and will probably, minus the Va. Tech game, give his best coaching performance of the year. The Huskers will lose a closer than expected game though. Oklahoma is gonna be TOUGH this year, a lot of talent coming back.

Next we head back to Lincoln to take on Kansas and I don't know about anyone else but I am really really sick of the talk about Kansas and how they are going to be so good again. In my honest opinion I believe Kansas was the biggest fluke in recent college football history, ya ya they put together a tremendous season but seriously, its KANSAS. I thoroughly expect a trouncing of Kansas this year in Lincoln. Hell I expect Kansas to get beat A LOT this year. Huskers 7-3 after whooping Kansas like old times.

Next the Huskers head to Kansas State. I see this as a tough game, not because KState is any good, but because the team was so amped for the rematch with Kansas that they are kinda deflated for this game and lack some serious energy at Manhattan. I still think the Huskers will win but it will be closer than expected because lets be real, KState sucks. Nebraska 8-3 heading to Thanksgiving.

So this is where I will become unpopular among some Husker fans. As much as I despise Colorado and Dan F'n Hawkins I think the Huskers just may drop this game. For some unknown reason, Colorado pulls this game outta their hindparts and wins in Lincoln. I know I know tough to even think about but I just have a uneasy feeling about this Colorado team. Nebraska 8-4 at seasons end.

Bowl game is a toss-up, who knows who we'll play but we'll whoop'em :clap

Pelini doesn't lose Bowl games at Nebraska.

Ok there it is, my meaningless probably completely wrong prediction but I just had to do it.

Seriously though, this team has the potential to be 9-3, I believe talent is there and always has been its just the coaching that needs to catch up. The worst I can see it is 7-5, but for people to say 5-7 or 6-6 is absolutely absurd. Nebraska will rise up this year and squelch the doubters.

GO Huskers!!!

Next we head back to Lincoln to take on Kansas and I don't know about anyone else but I am really really sick of the talk about Kansas and how they are going to be so good again. In my honest opinion I believe Kansas was the biggest fluke in recent college football history, ya ya they put together a tremendous season but seriously, its KANSAS. I thoroughly expect a trouncing of Kansas this year in Lincoln. Hell I expect Kansas to get beat A LOT this year. Huskers 7-3 after whooping Kansas like old times.

Probably not going to happen. I do think we can win this game (if we had half a defense last year we had a chance to win), but we're not going to roll them. We also get an advantage when we play them cause it's after the Tech and OU game, so they'll be banged up a little bit. Also, KU is going to be good again. Their record probably won't show it cause the schedule is tougher this year, but they will be competetive and give us everything they've got.