Who starts at QB next year?

The only way we'll get the other QBs in the games this year is if we blow out our opponents. I don't see that happening. However, I also don't see next season being "compromised" if we don't play them. Regardless of if they're in the game or not, they still are practicing daily and learning new things, thus developing into better players. That's the best you can hope for.

But if I had to give my prediction on whose going to start, I will say Lee. I think he's going to be a stud.

http://www.miamiherald.com/856/story/608009.html

UMiami to use (at least) 2 quarterbacks this year.

When choosing among quarterbacks Robert Marve, Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith, Miami coach Randy Shannon found there was only one solution that made sense.

He'll play at least two of them.

The Hurricanes don't have a single quarterback on the roster with any college snaps on their resume. Marve is a redshirt freshman, Harris a true freshman, and both were Florida high school record-setters before enrolling at Miami. Smith is in his first year at Miami as well.

"Whichever quarterback that we name, we're going to play the other one," Shannon said at the Florida Sports Writers Association College Football Media Days, again without specifying any of the quarterbacks by name and therefore not tipping his hand. "We need depth at every position on the field and that's the one position that we don't have depth at because they're young. They're good quarterbacks, but they're young."

Shannon said it won't be a platoon situation. The way he envisions it, one person will emerge as the clear starter, and another will play at certain times to get a feel for game action - in case that person gets called upon for a bigger role, for injury or any other reason.

I wasn't high on the idea of playing the backups for a lot of snaps (unless there's a blowout, as you said) this year, but if we don't, and they get very little time, this could well be the situation we wind up with next year.

Not a good one, IMO.

The only way we'll get the other QBs in the games this year is if we blow out our opponents. I don't see that happening. However, I also don't see next season being "compromised" if we don't play them. Regardless of if they're in the game or not, they still are practicing daily and learning new things, thus developing into better players. That's the best you can hope for.

But if I had to give my prediction on whose going to start, I will say Lee. I think he's going to be a stud.

Hate to admit it but I like what Pinkel did with Brad Smith/Chase Daniel. And history shows that Chase benefited from getting into the game in the 2nd quarter for a couple of series. Brad was definitely 1st string, so there was no looking over his shoulder worrying if he was going to loose his spot.

On the other hand, I was concerned last year when Keller went down considering the lack of snaps that Ganz had when the game was in hand. He managed, so Watson did a good job preparing him during practice. But practice under Bo is completely different.

Different strokes for different folks. Results matter.