Brandon Jackson

Okay, here it goes from the best of my memory. Sims wasn't a highly touted recruit like the ones we're bringing in. In fact, he never even joined the team until he was 24 years old. IMO, he never really thought he would get to play. Childs wasn't highly recruited unless you count division 2 schools. Phillips was a Prop. 48 so he couldn't get into a lot of D 1 schools. I don't remember about Benning. So, the comparison doesn't make much sense.

There are no Prop. 48 players. Lucky, L. Jackson, etc. were heavily recruited. B Jackson was heavily recruited last year and T. Greene was the fastest man on the team and was sought after by some decent schools. These guys could all leave and find several teams willing to give them a schollie. I can't see many/any schools giving Sims, Childs, and probably even Benning schollie's to come to their school. I see this as a huge difference!

Ah I see. I think newearth was talking more about the sheer number rather than what how they came to the team.

Okay, here it goes from the best of my memory. Sims wasn't a highly touted recruit like the ones we're bringing in. In fact, he never even joined the team until he was 24 years old. IMO, he never really thought he would get to play. Childs wasn't highly recruited unless you count division 2 schools. Phillips was a Prop. 48 so he couldn't get into a lot of D 1 schools. I don't remember about Benning. So, the comparison doesn't make much sense.

There are no Prop. 48 players. Lucky, L. Jackson, etc. were heavily recruited. B Jackson was heavily recruited last year and T. Greene was the fastest man on the team and was sought after by some decent schools. These guys could all leave and find several teams willing to give them a schollie. I can't see many/any schools giving Sims, Childs, and probably even Benning schollie's to come to their school. I see this as a huge difference!

LP was never a prop 48, he played as a true Frosh (which P48s couldnt do). Actually, his grades were reportedly in pretty good shape (about the only thing he did well off the field).

Benning and Childs (who was a Prop 48) were both pretty highly sought after, two of the tops in the state but the committed early to NU, and everyone else gave up on them. Sims took a few years off before going back to school.