Brandon Jackson

I've never understood why he was just cast aside as we were recruiting RB's this year. Hell, he was a Hodge 150 player last year when we recruited him. Physically, I'd say he will be the best we have this year. I hope this doesn't become the norm. here in Nebraska (you're only a stud your freshman year, then we simply go out and find someone better next year)!

With Jackson and Ross, I never understood why BC thought it was so important to go out and find so many RB's this year. When you only run the ball 30 times a game, why do you need 3 or 4 guys to carry the load?

With Jackson and Ross, I never understood why BC thought it was so important to go out and find so many RB's this year. When you only run the ball 30 times a game, why do you need 3 or 4 guys to carry the load?

I think a lot of is has to do with the fact that on many HS football teams, you give the ball to your best athlete and put him at RB. That doesn't necessarily mean he will play RB on every down in college. I woudn't be surprised to see Lucky line up in a slot position this coming year. Simply put, you find more athletes at the RB spot in HS. IMO.

So you wouldn't take lucky even though he wanted to come to Nebraska because we have enough 'decent' runningbacks? If jackson proves to be better than lucky in practice then he deserves to get his carries, but if not, then he doesnt, plain and simple. They will both get their chance to prove themselves.

I believe Dave H is right, but I don't think any of these RB's except for maybe one will be willing to move to a different position. Ross won't because he is a senior and will more than likely be one of the front runners along with OU's AP for Big 12 RB. Brandon Jackson never moved last year meaning he probably won't make the change. We need to remember he burnt his his redshirt, so he can transfer and redshirt at his next college. Lucky I'm betting won't move.

So, here we are with the potential of several disgruntled players who may potentially leave after season or midstream. Benard is right, we had several other areas in need of players for scholarship. I thought RB was one of our few solid positions going into 2005.

I think L. jackson will play Safety, Glenn will redshirt put on more muscle and play FB. Ross is gone at the end of this year. So what does that leave us B. Jackson, Lucky, and T. Green. Did people complain when we had Phillips, Green, Childs, Benning, and Simms? I don't think so. Good thing we had that many since LP was a tool and Benning & Childs botht got hurt.

There's a big difference. Ahman Greene was a true freshman while all the rest were juniors. Sims never played much and never even started the team until he was 24. Benning, I'm really not sure why he stayed. IMO, Greene came and stayed because A) he was an in state kid B) there really wasn't any young talent above him. Sims never really was given a chance. IMO, he came to NU to get a degree and if playing football achieved that so be it. When they were freshmen, Benning was actually listed above Phillips on the depth chart. Childs was the lone senior I believe. He was a decent in state talent, but nothing more. He had brute strength, but he really didn't have a lot of speed to go with it. He didn't have elusive quickness either. Again, he was an in state kid living out his life long dream of becoming a Husker. The game he did start he made the most of it rushing for over 140 yards.

Next year, we have one senior, two sophomores, and a slew of freshman. Granted Ross will be gone, but the young talent could be a few too many roosters in the hen house. Time will tell.

There's a big difference. Ahman Greene was a true freshman while all the rest were juniors. Sims never played much and never even started the team until he was 24. Benning, I'm really not sure why he stayed. IMO, Greene came and stayed because A) he was an in state kid B) there really wasn't any young talent above him. Sims never really was given a chance. IMO, he came to NU to get a degree and if playing football achieved that so be it. When they were freshmen, Benning was actually listed above Phillips on the depth chart. Childs was the lone senior I believe. He was a decent in state talent, but nothing more. He had brute strength, but he really didn't have a lot of speed to go with it. He didn't have elusive quickness either. Again, he was an in state kid living out his life long dream of becoming a Husker. The game he did start he made the most of it rushing for over 140 yards.

Next year, we have one senior, two sophomores, and a slew of freshman. Granted Ross will be gone, but the young talent could be a few too many roosters in the hen house. Time will tell.

I don't understand why x amount of freshmen is worse to have than x juniors. I mean eventually the freshman will be juniors and seniors? Should we push for transfers from other schools? I am confused. :(

Okay, here it goes from the best of my memory. Sims wasn't a highly touted recruit like the ones we're bringing in. In fact, he never even joined the team until he was 24 years old. IMO, he never really thought he would get to play. Childs wasn't highly recruited unless you count division 2 schools. Phillips was a Prop. 48 so he couldn't get into a lot of D 1 schools. I don't remember about Benning. So, the comparison doesn't make much sense.

There are no Prop. 48 players. Lucky, L. Jackson, etc. were heavily recruited. B Jackson was heavily recruited last year and T. Greene was the fastest man on the team and was sought after by some decent schools. These guys could all leave and find several teams willing to give them a schollie. I can't see many/any schools giving Sims, Childs, and probably even Benning schollie's to come to their school. I see this as a huge difference!