I've been having a hell of a time since updating to Firefox 3.0.

When I first login to Windows and open Firefox everything works fine...

MozillaFirefox301-1.jpg

When I log out of Firefox and login again, I get this.....

MozillaFirefox301-2.jpg

I tried to reinstall my backup bookmarks, and I get "Unable to Read file." So I deleted all folders, including the hidden ones in case of a corrupted file, and I did a clean reinstall. I saved a backup of all my newly installed bookmarks, and Firefox worked for about a day, then it went back to doing the same F'ing thing. I tried to use my backup file and the http: backup file to get my bookmarks back to no avail. I got the same can't read message on the backup and no action with the http: file.

If I log out of Windows and log back in and start Firefox, all is fine until I log out again.

I posted my problem in Firefox support, but I have a better chance getting a reply from Santa Claus.

Dammit, this really has me pi$$ed. :steam

I hate to have to go back to IE. My Flock browser still works also, but it is not as good as Firefox.

Any suggestions?

What's your home page set to? Can you still visit websites and such? Have you tried simply reinstalling? How about creating a new profile?

My home page is Google.com, similar to iGoogle. I can visit other websites, but the toolbar functions are disabled. I haven't created a new profile as of yet, but that will probably be my next course of action. Yes, I completely deleted all Mozilla folders, including the hidden ones in the registry, and did a clean reinstall to no avail. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with a Mozilla product.

Go back to Firefox 2. I am not a fan of FF3 yet, maybe once they get a few more of the bugs worked out. I also hate the awesome bar and the add-ons don't work the way I want so I'm sticking with 2 for now.

I would if I could find a download for 2.

HERE is all the official releases. You can find it there.