Why not Urban Meyer?

Guest Husker 21

Guest Husker 21

Urban Meyer is a proven winner, having won at Bowling Green and now, he won 10 games at Utah in his FIRST YEAR. He was on the Notre Dame staff for a while, so he knows what big time college football is all about. He has a little name recognition now, which will help with recruiting. He is charismatic, and isn't tintimdated by the big boys (like the Oklahomas and Texas' of the world).

He could bring a lot of excitment back to the program, and has the type of personality that alumni love. Why not give him a shot to get us to the big game?

If not him, hire Muschamp (LSUs D-Coordinator) if you're going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience. He's a great defensive guy,. and his recruiting ties in the south could land us the type of speed players we need to play with some of the premier programs in the country.

Guest Fire Pederson

The horse isn't dead as long as the jack-ass sits in the throne.

Oh, and for the record, if he hires Pelini, I'll be a Sooner fan. If you're going to embarrass yourself by being turned down by Houston Nutt, don't settle for what's convenient. Hire someone who has proven they can recruit, not someone with NO head coaching experience anywhere on his resume.

The horse isn't dead as long as the jack-ass sits in the throne.

Oh, and for the record, if he hires Pelini, I'll be a Sooner fan.

Great. I heard there was a rinky dink Papillion club that wants Pederson fired to. Why

don't you go over there and see what they have to say? Then you can all stew in your

hatred and talk yourself in circles.

My point is that arguing about firing this guy or that guy gets you nowhere. He is the

guy right now and we have to deal with that. I may not like the guy that much, but

at least I recognize that he is in the position to guide Husker football and there

isn't much we can do about it. If he fu#*$ up royally, he won't be here long.

So, in the mean time why don't we move on.

Guest Fire Pederson

Deal. But now I have to go through the trouble of finding a new name...

Maybe

"Offer Nutt More!"

or

"Please not Bo"

or

"What does a black guy named Gill have to do to get a job around here?"

or

"Steve Superior....not a misspelling"

Deal. But now I have to go through the trouble of finding a new name...

Maybe

"Offer Nutt More!"

or

"Please not Bo"

or

"What does a black guy named Gill have to do to get a job around here?"

or

"Steve Superior....not a misspelling"

hahahaha. Nice.

Here's a list of some guys I would like to see. I will put it in the order of who I like the most (not who I think has the best chance to get the job) because I have no freaking idea about who that might be.

1. Steve Spurrier (I know I'll get ripped for this, but the guy is proven) plus we

have absolutely no chance of getting him.

2. Monte Kiffen (Tampa Bay) might be able to keep Bo and much of the current

staff, while bringing his son at USC who can recruit

3. Jim Tedford (Cal) great offensive mind, and good recruiter at a hard school to

get kids too.

4. Norm Chow (O coordinator at USC) great offensive coach, great with QB's

it would be nice to have a QB coach that can develop QB skills rather than

simply live on the great talent they bring to the college game, but never

improve them.

5. Rich Rodriguez (West Virginia) I really like how they are getting things done

and a pretty good recruiter

6. Bo Pellini- I think he's a great coach, seems to be able to recruit pretty well

the players love him, but I think he wants to be able to get back to the NFL

Guest WyomingHusker

I could go with Monte Kiffin, good roots! But do any of these guys have the say as the coach? Or do they have to be watching thier back side with Pederson watching it. The way Pederson handled Solich I would not want to work under this guy. On Husker Pedia there is some statements about FS having issues! Any one got any comments on that????????????????/

I omitted a really good choice earlier due to a massive brain fart. I would love to get Urban Meyer. He is young, can recruit, has been extremely successful at every stop during his career, and his wife is crazy hot. He has in his contract that he can leave for free to go coach at Notre Dame, Michigan, or I think UCLA. However, if we truly did offer 2+ million to Nutt, then it shouldn't be a problem to get Meyer out of his contract.

But would he want that clause in his contract w/ us too? we dont need someone who has ulterior plans. plus it sounded as if UM was a pompus ass. Said he wouldnt want to be involved w/ a school like Nebraska b/c of the expectations we had, and he wanted to completely overhaul the current staff. fug em.

regardless, I dont think that 2 mill number is accurate. even if it was, based on the reaction from regents, booster, fans, media - it wont be an option anymore.

did anyone think for a min that SP and Nutt may be in bed together? The number is "released" to the media, which 1) gets Nutt more $$, and 2) gets SP a reaction from Husker Nation to test the waters - plus maybe he will get a commission!! ;)

either way though, I say we still offer the gig to his wife!! She's kinda cute.. :rolleyes:

Nemcova3.jpg

• 8 months later...