Game Observations be 4 reading anyone elses

Game viewed on PPV. If first impressions are wieghed against hope as expectation, my general post game / team view is that NU will have a better season than last year, the youth in the depth chart stood out today, there were many positive signs and many missed assignments. Our athletecism is better. Execution was spotty on D and O.

Watson gave the team a good tempo in playcalling, running game was off from expectations, accept JoeG speed on his runs was outstanding.....

Henry was lights out good tonight...on his FGs, a couple of his attempts were difficult points off of FG cant be taken for granted, points are points.

Cody played like a guy with hs hair on fire....what is not to like about that. He covered some deep balls against backs and rec and imo was excellent most of the time, only two or three plays all night where he hiccuped. For 1st game at lb he was special.

liked Jared Cricks effort as well, he got his hands up and knocked down one ball late in q4, thinking he could emerge and weneed him too, as we missed the big guy we lost by suspension.

Prince showed some skills for sure, as did Hagg and West, despite several breakdowns.

Because i dont know where some of these guys are supposed to be on any given play, it seemed like the safteys were out of position the most, and that a few missed tackels kinda got my hackels up on a few plays.

Definitely liked the tighter coverages on rec versus last year, in fact that aspect stood out as very positive. The guys were playing tight and that lets them get position on the ball which we sorly lacked last year.

Kick off and punt return coverage, needs work, more of the bench need to step up and want that duty, because those plays will be critical against guys like Macklin and many other ST punt and KO returners in the games ahead.

running game was hard to judge, timing wasnt there on perimeter blocks too many whiffs, so they need to work that out.

OL hard to say why more yrds were not available, too soon to judge this IMO. We knw the backs have the skills. Joe G's mobility was outstanding, his accuracy was good when he was steping nto his throws, that rope to Luck for TD showed something.

Rec did better than avg. a few drops, a few throws out of sync...chalk them up to missed opportunities, and then work to cut those down in future games.

Saw enough too be optimistic about our season, depth is going to play a role, the younger players will have the opportunity to shine, with the kind of attitude shown in this first game, there is reason to sustain a solid outlook for this team.

all in all enjoyed the game. the tempo and the key changes in coverage style....leave a good first impression.

I saw two real positives. Ganz played much better than I expected. But how good is this offensive line. We did not run the ball as many expected. Against a better defense possibly shutting down the run what will happen. But after tonight I do not feel he is as much of a danger as I did prior.

Cody Glenn was amazing. I am so happy for him. He looks like he is having a ball. I am glad the coaches were smart enough to get him on the field.

Still see losses to Missouri, they were impressive tonight, Oklahoma, Texas Tech is going to eat us alive after watching the play of our safeties, Kansas. VaTech looks winable unless they start Tyrod. Then we will see some real preasure on the dline to stop the run.

All in all a good game, but nothing to say we are back. The trip got a pretty good start though. It was great to see the kids having fun and playing hard and fast. Bo will get us there.