O-Line - Not that bad and here is why

Travis9

I put the running game woes, significantly on the coaches. We heard all off season about a change of philosophy in the running game. However, we have seen zero changes as far as i am concerned. We have a line with a lot of potential ( in a straight forward style running game) This line is not that great in the outside zone blocking scheme. Yet, a vast majority of our running plays have been stretches and read plays. We have seen very few straight off tackle type of plays. We have seen very little of the type of running we were told we would see which is smashmouth. I believe our line could be significantly more dominant if we put them in situations where they could line up and blow someone of the ball as opposed to dancing down the line with them.

I am not ready to freak or moan about anything in regards to this team. I am not now nor have i ever been a fan of the WCO and this is primarily why. I would really like to see how our line would perform given the chance to either man block or at worse inside zone block as opposed to all the outside zone blocking they have done to date. If our running philosophy changed, i think the O-Line could potentially be a unit talked about every week