jordan congdon-kicker

Hunter94

If getting screwed means getting beat out by a kicker that is plain better, then yea, he is going to get screwed. David Dyches might be the kicker come fall. Hell, they both might see time. That wouldn't surprise me.

A kicker that could make kicks could have made the difference between winning and losing a couple games this past year.

A dicussion on the idea that the staff is going to automatically put their recruits ahead of existing players because they recruited them is a futile.

DaveH makes my only point.........a good kicker could have gotten us a couple wins and into a bowl game last year. i don't care who kicks this year, i am simply stating this guy may be the answer, maybe not......at least we made an attempt to upgrade the kicking game.

hunter

If getting screwed means getting beat out by a kicker that is plain better, then yea, he is going to get screwed. David Dyches might be the kicker come fall. Hell, they both might see time. That wouldn't surprise me.

A kicker that could make kicks could have made the difference between winning and losing a couple games this past year.

A dicussion on the idea that the staff is going to automatically put their recruits ahead of existing players because they recruited them is a futile.

If the best player is going to kick then why didn't dyches kick last year. He was far better than Deangelis.

If the best player is going to kick then why didn't dyches kick last year. He was far better than Deangelis.

If you ask me both of them were/are average or below average. If this kid pans out it will be an upgrade.

What he said. They both didn't perform well last year. Sure Dyches kicked comparatively well in 2003. But that was 2003.

The staff at one time wanted to use both kickers last year, DeAngelis for short range and Dyches for longer range, but that plan never saw a time to really use it IMO.

Never the less, we need a kicker who can kick it through the uprights when it counts. Consistently. And considering Congdon's coaches, who have coached some of the greatest kickers, think pretty highly of him, I have high expectations.

If you ask me both of them were/are average or below average. If this kid pans out it will be an upgrade.

What he said. They both didn't perform well last year. Sure Dyches kicked comparatively well in 2003. But that was 2003.

The staff at one time wanted to use both kickers last year, DeAngelis for short range and Dyches for longer range, but that plan never saw a time to really use it IMO.

Never the less, we need a kicker who can kick it through the uprights when it counts. Consistently. And considering Congdon's coaches, who have coached some of the greatest kickers, think pretty highly of him, I have high expectations.

How many did dyches miss? I remember making the one he kicked and he did pretty well in 2003.

How many did dyches miss? I remember making the one he kicked and he did pretty well in 2003.

He started off well in 03 and struggled at the end. Wasn't he like 14-21. Not very good if you ask me. He also can not make it to the endzone on kickoffs.

He started off well in 03 and struggled at the end. Wasn't he like 14-21. Not very good if you ask me. He also can not make it to the endzone on kickoffs.

I didn't say he should kick off, Koch should do that. He did that great in 2003 but never got the chance under callahan. Dyches from 40 in is pretty consistent and deangelis wasn't.