Pelini: I didn't see dirty play out there

From the Life in the Red blog on the LJS...

Mizzou quarterback Chase Daniel said after his team's 52-17 win at Nebraska on Saturday night that the Huskers played dirty and that one player spit on him.

"Nebraska is definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've played," he said. "It's football, so you have to be ready for late hits like that. Walking out before pre-game, I got spit on by a player. I've never had that done before. I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is and that's bush league. That's just blatant disrespect for us. You have to settle it on the field and I think we more than did."

On Sunday morning, Husker head coach Bo Pelini was asked about the comment.

"I don't know anything about that. The first I heard about that was this morning," Pelini said. "I'm going to try to get ahold of Coach Pinkel today and find out exactly what he's talking about. I didn't know anything about that. I haven't heard anything about that. That's news to me that something like that happened. Usually you'd know about something like that. And as far as saying that we're a dirty team, I watched the film. I didn't see dirty play out there. But I'm going to investigate it and find out because that's unacceptable if something like that happened. And I would hope that the opposing coaching staff would let me know if something like that happened. But like I said, I woke up this morning and I heard about it and that's news to me."

This sounds like it could become a he said, he said situation...it is too late, if Daniel didn't say anything when it happened to his coaches, then it is over, who is to say that Daniel wouldn't just name a name now to cover his arse after making up a statement like that? He sure isn't going to come out and say it isn't true after this much publicity. Unless a Nebraska player steps up and says he did it, then there is no proof...unless of course Chase saved the evidence for DNA analysis...but even a bad lawyer would question where he actually got it.

This is over...Chase Daniel should have shown more class and just kept his mouth shut after winning. Some people just don't know how to win...

From the Life in the Red blog on the LJS...

Mizzou quarterback Chase Daniel said after his team's 52-17 win at Nebraska on Saturday night that the Huskers played dirty and that one player spit on him.

"Nebraska is definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've played," he said. "It's football, so you have to be ready for late hits like that. Walking out before pre-game, I got spit on by a player. I've never had that done before. I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is and that's bush league. That's just blatant disrespect for us. You have to settle it on the field and I think we more than did."

On Sunday morning, Husker head coach Bo Pelini was asked about the comment.

"I don't know anything about that. The first I heard about that was this morning," Pelini said. "I'm going to try to get ahold of Coach Pinkel today and find out exactly what he's talking about. I didn't know anything about that. I haven't heard anything about that. That's news to me that something like that happened. Usually you'd know about something like that. And as far as saying that we're a dirty team, I watched the film. I didn't see dirty play out there. But I'm going to investigate it and find out because that's unacceptable if something like that happened. And I would hope that the opposing coaching staff would let me know if something like that happened. But like I said, I woke up this morning and I heard about it and that's news to me."

at least it wasn't as bad as when Houston knocked that fan out...*ouch*!