Is this loss good for recruiting?

I'm wondering whether this loss and the glaring light it shines on the talent gap between us and Mizzou could actually be an advantage for us with respect to recruiting. Do you think the kids that visited this weekend, and/or last weekend, will look at the depth chart and see opportunity? I certainly think they should.

From the teasers I'm seeing on the recruiting sites it appears as if this weekend's visits could bear fruit...but you never know from those...

I'm wondering whether this loss and the glaring light it shines on the talent gap between us and Mizzou could actually be an advantage for us with respect to recruiting. Do you think the kids that visited this weekend, and/or last weekend, will look at the depth chart and see opportunity? I certainly think they should.

From the teasers I'm seeing on the recruiting sites it appears as if this weekend's visits could bear fruit...but you never know from those...

I would guess that it would depend on the player and how they think. If they see what is going on here and think that they have a chance at early playing time, then yes this would be good. Of course the opposite is true and they could look at the situation and think that they would rather play for a team that can win now.

Short answer: yes and no, it all depends on the mind-set of the person that is being recruited to play.

I would guess that it would depend on the player and how they think. If they see what is going on here and think that they have a chance at early playing time, then yes this would be good. Of course the opposite is true and they could look at the situation and think that they would rather play for a team that can win now.

Short answer: yes and no, it all depends on the mind-set of the person that is being recruited to play.

Wow...how do you get the splinters outta yer a$$ from ridin' the fence?!?!

j/k...couldn't help myslef on that one... :)

I understand what you're saying and tend to agree... I do hope that some of these stud D-line prospects are paying attention though. I think there's real opportunity there. I don't know how they couldn't recognize that our D-linemen are in the entire game...and I think it's mostly due to lack of depth.

Not to mention Pellini's record with D-linemen in the league...