57 seriously 57!?

eoltmer

Reminds me of bush saying he doesn't have the magic wand to fix things either ^_^

Hmm speaking of Bo with a magic wand, someone wanna photoshop a pic of Bo with a nice frilly pink magic wand fixing everything? Maybe it'll work and we can win next week at TT. :dunno

Anyways, sucks to drop so far after losing to a 4th rated team. And now Va Tech is 18th or so? LOL

Honestly, this season is going to look very similar to the last four. The reason is unknown, but popular belief(and what I strongly believe) is the fact that these are not Pelini's players.

I believe that Pelini is capable of leading this team to better seasons, but the best coach on this earth couldn't fix the debacle that Callahan caused this team.

It will be years before we see a top 25 team, even longer til we see a top 10 team, and again longer til championship team, but give it time and it will come true, this I believe.

Honestly, this season is going to look very similar to the last four. The reason is unknown, but popular belief(and what I strongly believe) is the fact that these are not Pelini's players.

I believe that Pelini is capable of leading this team to better seasons, but the best coach on this earth couldn't fix the debacle that Callahan caused this team.

It will be years before we see a top 25 team, even longer til we see a top 10 team, and again longer til championship team, but give it time and it will come true, this I believe.

You got this right! Not even being a Raiders fan, i remember what he did to them....i mean look at them still! He took a good Gruden team and got his butt handed to him by his old boss and then subsequently ripped the team into a joke.

It will take Pelini and his staff more than just this year to repair the damage done.

Go tell that to Kelley(sp) and the Cincinnati fans. Look what Saban has done in year 2 at Bama which has been plagued with violations and recuced schollies. I just don't buy the excuse that a coach can't come in and win with someone else's recruits. Isn't this the same excuse Clownahan used? We are a very undisciplined team and our rank in penalties shows this. Somewhere along the way, the team just isn't getting it right now.

Just a tib bit from Rivals 120 rankings:

57. NEBRASKA (3-2)

THE BUZZ: Apparently, Bo Pelini doesn't have a magic wand that he can wave over the Huskers' defense and say, "Get good." NEXT: Saturday, at Texas Tech.

Got a chuckle out of that, <_<

College Football Ranking Comparison

Saturday, October 4, 2008 (65 Rankings)

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm f

NU is #37 Nebraska 3-2

down from #23 or so.

#8 Texas Tech 5-0

BEAT TT!!

Uhmm, isn't this the exact same reasoning we used for Callahan? I remember lots of people saying that Callahan just needed to get his players in and we'd be better. We all know how that turned out.

Pelini himself has said it; the lack of execution falls on the coaching staff, they need to do a better job plain and simple.

Why do we have to keep coming up with excuse after excuse, the coaches and players are not getting it done and player execution is the responsibility of the coaching staff. End. Of. Story.

Here's the fact: it's going to take time and a better job by the coaching staff before we start competing with the MU, OU, TT type teams of the league.

Go tell that to Kelley(sp) and the Cincinnati fans. Look what Saban has done in year 2 at Bama which has been plagued with violations and recuced schollies. I just don't buy the excuse that a coach can't come in and win with someone else's recruits. Isn't this the same excuse Clownahan used? We are a very undisciplined team and our rank in penalties shows this. Somewhere along the way, the team just isn't getting it right now.

You are also correct. We are very un-disciplined! It appears that they keep reverting back to mistakes and mental errors that were made last year. But, they are not giving up....but what i am seeing is when the game starts to get out of hand, it seems that some of the players revert back to previous mental mistakes. Most of the personal foul penalties that i have seen, at least the last two games of which are the only ones shown here behind enemy lines, have been done by players that were starters last year.

Not making excuses for Potter and/or Suh but these guys also did stuff like this last year and before.

Uhmm, isn't this the exact same reasoning we used for Callahan? I remember lots of people saying that Callahan just needed to get his players in and we'd be better. We all know how that turned out.

Pelini himself has said it; the lack of execution falls on the coaching staff, they need to do a better job plain and simple.

Why do we have to keep coming up with excuse after excuse, the coaches and players are not getting it done and player execution is the responsibility of the coaching staff. End. Of. Story.

Here's the fact: it's going to take time and a better job by the coaching staff before we start competing with the MU, OU, TT type teams of the league.

Pelini IS saying it's the coaches fault....but the players are saying it's their own fault. The players are the ones out there missing assignments, doing a crap job of tackling, not opening up holes for the RBs, committing fouls, etc. The coaches have a lot of influence, yes...in practice and by deciding who gets to play and which plays get called. But in the end it's down to those college kids. And I don't think we have the talent. We were right in saying we should wait to judge Callahan until we get his players in...and we should say the same for Bo. He's still working with Callahan's players, who for the past few years were proven not to be the players to get the job done. I'm not saying we have terrible players, but it's showing we have problems...and I don't think it comes down to just coaches teaching AMAZING players the wrong things to do. It's a combination of both. Not to mention, we don't really have a standout players who can turn a game around for us.

Callahan came in without much on his resume. Pelini has the credentials and he knows the program/tradition that the players and fans both need. I'm willing to give Pelini more time than we gave Callahan before I start blaming the coaching staff. It hurts me to drive up from Kansas City every weekend to watch us lose like this...but ya just gotta have faith in the program!

Clownahan came in without much on his resume? I guess leading your team to a Super Bowl as HC isn't much on the resume. Give BC some credit. He knew about the program and tradition. He quite simply chose to ignore them and try to create his own. Husker Nation is in trouble right now. Who would have thought the Big 12 would make up 40% of the top 10? We're in a beast of a conference right now, and it's going to take some serious attitude adjustments and time before we make much noise.

Clownahan came in without much on his resume? I guess leading your team to a Super Bowl as HC isn't much on the resume.

Everyone already knows this but, Callahan was at Oakland for a total of two years. Yes, he took them to a Super Bowl in his first year but he then turned around and led them to a 4-12 season the next while losing the respect of his players en route to being fired. That's a total of two years as head coach at any level. Of those two years, one was a success and the other a huge failure. That's not much of a resume to be honest.

Clownahan came in without much on his resume? I guess leading your team to a Super Bowl as HC isn't much on the resume.

Where they lost 48-21

And then he went 4-12 the next year which got him fired.

I'm just saying there was a lot of criticism towards Callahan and his last year with the Raiders

Where they lost 48-21

And then he went 4-12 the next year which got him fired.

I'm just saying there was a lot of criticism towards Callahan and his last year with the Raiders

I know all that, but you said Clownahan didn't have the credentials on his resume that Pelini does which isn't true. You also said you'd give Pelini more time than BC. Why?