DT Seth Jensen

Any other Denver Post-subscribing Husker fans notice a name missing from the "Key Players" list at the 3A level?

30 "key players" are listed for each high school level, offensive and defensive linemen included, but there's no mention of Seth Jensen in 3A.

though, he is listed among the "Players to watch" for Fort Morgan HS specifically. :thumbs

Though it is the Denver Post, I don't recall ever seeing their preps coverage short-change a recruit simply b/c he commited to NU- or anywhere else. so I assume this is an honest mistake, but it seems to be a pretty blatent one.

http://denverpost.com/portlet/article/html...imageId=2978497

Any other Denver Post-subscribing Husker fans notice a name missing from the "Key Players" list at the 3A level?

30 "key players" are listed for each high school level, offensive and defensive linemen included, but there's no mention of Seth Jensen in 3A.

though, he is listed among the "Players to watch" for Fort Morgan HS specifically. :thumbs

Though it is the Denver Post, I don't recall ever seeing their preps coverage short-change a recruit simply b/c he commited to NU- or anywhere else. so I assume this is an honest mistake, but it seems to be a pretty blatent one.

You might want to shoot them an email and ask about it. If it was a mistake, they'll correct it, I would think, and if not, they will expalin why. Just a thought.

Hey, my HS is in there! Go Niwot!

you know, i may send them an email now that you've suggested it. but the last time i sent an email to those people, they were VERY rude in their reply. The fact that my email addy had "huskers" in it, probably didn't help.

I had wrote to them that the coverage of western slope teams was pretty poor-- pointing out that the only time a W.Slope team was EVER even mentioned in the Post was when they lost to a Denver-area school. that was it, apparently they took offense to it for some reason and sent back the rudest reply.

though this was a few years ago (late 90s or so) and the state-wide coverage seems a little better now.... and then they go and forget the mention a highly touted player <_<

just to be safe, I think this time though i may use an email address that doesn't include "huskers".

:thumbs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Recruits weigh in on NU's plight

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Dec 12, 2005 - 12:42:05 am CST

Seth Jensen of Fort Morgan, Colo., who verbally committed to Nebraska in June, took particular glee in the Huskers’ win against the Buffaloes. He said friends at his high school playfully teased him in the days before the showdown. By halftime, with NU leading 20-3, Jensen was sending text messages extolling the virtues of all things Husker to those who harassed him.

“When I got to school the next week, I could hold my head higher and stick my chest out a little farther because the school where I’m going kicked Colorado’s butt,” said Jensen, a 6-3, 275-pound defensive lineman.

Because it’s in extreme northeast Colorado, Fort Morgan (population 11,000) is inhabited by both Nebraska and Colorado fans, Jensen said. The Husker fans naturally were concerned following the Kansas loss.

“I was a little bit concerned myself,” Jensen said. “It was like,

‘C’mon, what are you guys doing? This is a game you’re supposed to win.’

“Going into the (Nov. 12) Kansas State game, I knew Nebraska had to turn it up. They didn’t want the pressure of having to become bowl-eligible at Colorado.”

Nebraska’s victories in its final two games help fuel Jensen’s optimism. He notes how many young players are contributing — 26 freshmen and sophomores were listed on the Huskers’ two-deep chart entering the Colorado game.

Jensen’s high school squad was a combined 8-22 during the past three seasons, so he understands struggle and the need to persevere.

“You have to have faith, and you have to pray,” he said. “Nebraska’s going to have a good program. Fans just have to have a little patience.”

Seth Jensen was named first team all state this season

Jensen, Dreitz lead all-state fall honors

Senior Seth Jensen of Fort Morgan and junior Nick Dreitz of Brush have been named to the first teams in their respective football classifications in Sunday's Denver Post "Best of the Best" special section.

Jensen was named in the offensive line in Class 3A, Dreitz at linebacker in 2A.

Dreitz and Anthony Hurt were named first-team all-state, Jensen honorable mention, in the Rocky Mountain News.

Jensen has committed to play college football for Nebraska. Head Cornhusker coach Bill Callahan and recruiting coach Ted Gilmore flew into Fort Morgan Dec. 4 for a home visit. Jensen also had scholarship offers from Colorado, Colorado State, Wyoming, UCLA, Oregon, Kansas State and Oklahoma.

He has been rated 31st by Rivals and 23rd by Scout, two nationwide recruiting services, at defensive tackle.

Special To The Times

Home visit Seth Jensen, left, of Fort Morgan and Nebraska coach Bill Callahan visit during a recent stop in Fort Morgan by Callahan. Jensen has committed to play football for the Cornhuskers next season.