What happens when...

I`ll never forget playing a game of football with kids in the neighborhood...then when the game started, turning the radio on and listening to Lyle Bremser doing play-by-play while laying in a pile of leaves on a crisp fall afternoon....those were the days.....O to be young again...

Lyle...you were one of the greatest...

Being the tomboy that I was, I was doing exactly the same thing! Listening to Lyle Bremser was the best! "Man, woman, & child! There goes Johnny "the jet" Rodgers! " We would make popcorn and listen to the games. I got interested in around 1969 when a relative of ours played. (He is now color commentator!) What great days those were. We were spoiled too, weren't we? I agree.........to be young again!

The Nebraska/Oklahoma game, which used to be on Thanksgiving Day, was what we looked forward to all year! I have been lucky enough to have watched all games so far this year....even though I also paid for 3 of them. I usually get to one game a year too! We're going to the Baylor game next week!

I noticed that the ISU game is going to be on VS this week, which i'm stoked about. Even more stoked when I found out the Baylor game will be on as well.

This lead me to think about something...

I know a fair cross section of this board is in the 25 - 45 age range. When we were kids, it seemed that we'd only get to see the Huskers play twice a year (OU and the bowl game) and maybe three times if we were lucky.

Now, in the past half dozen years, we've definitely been spoiled with the amount of games we see each year.

When I was stationed in germany, i had to wait till 4 or so on sunday morning to find out the score.

your thoughts....

I'm accustomed to listening on the radio, so even when the game is on TV I have the TV sound down and the radio on. Doesn't bother me at all when it isn't televised, although I enjoy seeing the game too.