I thought this would be the year

BeachBuffs

of the Big 12 North. It doesn't surprise me that Mizzou lost and that Kansas lost but they both ended up getting waxxed. I thought the North had closed the gap and was primed and ready to be competitive with the South but at this point in the season there are 4 teams in the South that are better then the best team in the North. So much for parity in the conference. I believe it is a question of balance. Take Mizzou, Kansas, and Nebraska, probably the top 3 teams in the North. All 3 have good offenses and in the question of Mizzou a great offense, but so far, their defenses have really let them down. Whereas in the South we have seen great offensives with Texas, OU, Tech, and OSU but their defenses have risen to the occasion, especially UT and OU when it mattered most. I know my team has a ways to go but it still seems like the rest of the division is still light years behind.

I agree with ya, I was watching the texa$ game last night, and I enjoyed every minute of it simply because of chase's mouth. But Texas proved that there is a HUGE gap right now, just when you think "hey, maybe the north is catching up." As much as it pains me to say it, in order for the north to really catch up is have NU...sigh...and CU return to old form, and I feel both are on the way.

I am not surprised OU is what they are, but I am surprised how good Texas is. I thought they were going to bea legit team, but they are a great team. They had guys improve, they alwasy have a ton of talent, so I gues I should not be surprised. I did not see them leapfrogging a very good OU team. KU is a little worse than I expected. I knew our Tackles would struggle, but Our Middle LB is a little slower due to an offseason surgery, and it shows and Our best blitzing LB has not shown improvement in his judgement, which people expected. Our lack of a relaible running game is a bit of a surprise, in that I did think the National Juco offensive player RB we got of the year would at least keep our running game where it was last year, but it has not. We are still a good team, but I thought we would be a little better than we have played. Our tackles and running game seem to be coming around, so maybe it will end up being the team i had hopered we would have earlier in the season.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with ya, I was watching the texa$ game last night, and I enjoyed every minute of it simply because of chase's mouth. But Texas proved that there is a HUGE gap right now, just when you think "hey, maybe the north is catching up." As much as it pains me to say it, in order for the north to really catch up is have NU...sigh...and CU return to old form, and I feel both are on the way.

The only way Colorado is headed is home after NU ***es them.