OPEC says it has lost control of oil prices

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7190109/

Awesome. Just awesome.

The biggest problem we have right now IMO is the fac that countries with HUGE amounts of people (China, and soon India) have started to produce affordable cars and people are buying them. I don't think high gas prices are going to get better any time soon. :(

There is oil in Alaska, but the root of the problem is that there is only so much oil. I think we need heavy government backing in alternative fuel vehicles. Right now, there is no HUGE backing of them.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7190109/

Awesome. Just awesome.

The biggest problem we have right now IMO is the fac that countries with HUGE amounts of people (China, and soon India) have started to produce affordable cars and people are buying them. I don't think high gas prices are going to get better any time soon. :(

There is oil in Alaska, but the root of the problem is that there is only so much oil. I think we need heavy government backing in alternative fuel vehicles. Right now, there is no HUGE backing of them.

Thoughts?

You know that little arab guy that speaks for the Saudi royal family? He claims that the problem isnt a lack of oil. He said that the United States hasnt built a new refinery in over 25 years. He claims that we dont have the capacity to refine the demand that we are using. One way or another when you put $20 in the tank and you might get a quarter tank, makes me want to start riding a bike.

I wish I had my old 85% ethanol truck that I had a few years back. That sun-of-a-gun got way better mileage than any Ive had since, and I could get the cheaper ethanol blend for about 40 cents a gallon cheaper.

I think that ethanol would be a good way to go, help local farmers, and reduce the dependency on foreign oil.

I wish I had my old 85% ethanol truck that I had a few years back. That sun-of-a-gun got way better mileage than any Ive had since, and I could get the cheaper ethanol blend for about 40 cents a gallon cheaper.

I think that ethanol would be a good way to go, help local farmers, and reduce the dependency on foreign oil.

Sometimes solutions are just too easy for the politicians to figure out. That is a good one.