small RBs vs big RBs

shagg

Wichita, Kansas has produced some top quality rbs each decade or so. B. Sanders from 1986-1989 (I still can't believe TO turned him down), D. Evans from 1996-1998, D. Sproles from 2000-2003, and now possibly B. Brown.

Sproles went to Olathe North HS.

Ya, your right. But still pretty close to Wichita.

Having said that, the state of Nebraska has been in an EXTREME drought over the past decade in producing skill position players. Since Crouch left. At least I can't think of any???????

Olathe is about as close to Wichita as it is to Lincoln.

LP maybe have been better than Ahman, but let's face it Ahman was a stud. If Evans could have ever gotten over that vaginal bleeding, he could have been a special RB right up there with LP and Ahman. The one that still confuses me is Buckhalter. He's been in the pro's for quite some time, and I never thought he was very good at all while at NU.

In my eyes, D. Evans is the last great back NU has had. Yes there have been good quality backs that have played since his time, but it has been thaaat long since NU has seen a truly game changing rb. Well one could argue E. Crouch. Plain and simple Evans was never the same player after his injury. Kind of like Z. Bowman. Ya Evans may have been a prima donna, but no doubt he had the talent to play at the next level for a long time. It's weird how life works sometimes, I still feel for the guy.

Wichita, Kansas has produced some top quality rbs each decade or so. B. Sanders from 1986-1989 (I still can't believe TO turned him down), D. Evans from 1996-1998, D. Sproles from 2000-2003, and now possibly B. Brown.

Which injury? The tailbone injury that kept him out for like 9 months? I still think BJ could have been a game changer if he'd have been given the chance. Phil Steele says this week is Marlon Lucky's week to break out.

Sproles went to Olathe North HS.

Ya, your right. But still pretty close to Wichita.

Having said that, the state of Nebraska has been in an EXTREME drought over the past decade in producing skill position players. Since Crouch left. At least I can't think of any???????

Olathe is about as close to Wichita as it is to Lincoln.

I was going to say, Olathe is KC!! Not anywhere near Wichita.

LP maybe have been better than Ahman, but let's face it Ahman was a stud. If Evans could have ever gotten over that vaginal bleeding, he could have been a special RB right up there with LP and Ahman. The one that still confuses me is Buckhalter. He's been in the pro's for quite some time, and I never thought he was very good at all while at NU.

In my eyes, D. Evans is the last great back NU has had. Yes there have been good quality backs that have played since his time, but it has been thaaat long since NU has seen a truly game changing rb. Well one could argue E. Crouch. Plain and simple Evans was never the same player after his injury. Kind of like Z. Bowman. Ya Evans may have been a prima donna, but no doubt he had the talent to play at the next level for a long time. It's weird how life works sometimes, I still feel for the guy.

totally agreed...evans would have been awesome had he been able to stay healthy....he had the moves to go along with the speed

totally agreed...evans would have been awesome had he been able to stay healthy....he had the moves to go along with the speed

Evan's was a beast!! Him being hurt all the time started in high school. I remember watching him play for the state championship at WSU his senior year at Collegiate and if my memory serves me right he played with a broken leg (or fractured). Wish that dude could've stayed healthy.