Rumor has it

HSKRNOKC

Everything that I have heard/read is that he is not going. Rumor has it MU boosters would make sure $$ was not an issue. Even Don James (Pinkel's mentor) came out a month or so ago, when this move was rumored, and said he would tell Gary to stay.

Things against him leaving.

- MU is clearly the better job right now

- He is 56 and Washington is in worse shape than MU was in 2001 when he took this job. Pinkel has also stated in the past he is too old to start a complete overhaul again.

- Better chance for sucssess in the Big 12 North than the Pac 10. (would you rather focus on beating the teams the North and having a shot at the big 12 title or try to beat USC every year

- Better facilities

- established recruiting grounds in Mo and TX

- entire family, including grandkids live in and around the Columbia/St. Louis area

Reasons to leave

- $$

- used to coach there

I dont see him leaving to U-dub. But could see a move to a more 'traditional' power

Yeah, Pinkel would be absolutely stupid to go to UDub or anywhere, FTM. He's built a good thing at Mizzou and it looks like it's going to get better. Why in the heck would he want to go thru all the work of trying to more or less start over somewhere else, even if it was at some traditional power--which UW is NOT, IMO? Look at Rodrigues at MI, he's in an uphill battle 'til he gets his style incorporated there.

I lived in Seattle for 10 yrs and it rains too friggin' much there. Plus he'd be having to play USC every year which is no different than having to play OU and TX(and NE :) ) all the time.

In short, if he wanted some real 'Misery', yeah leave.....

There's talk of some teams going after Leach too and I feel the same way about that situation. :rickjames