Rumor has it

HSKRNOKC

Everything that I have heard/read is that he is not going. Rumor has it MU boosters would make sure $$ was not an issue. Even Don James (Pinkel's mentor) came out a month or so ago, when this move was rumored, and said he would tell Gary to stay.

Things against him leaving.

- MU is clearly the better job right now

- He is 56 and Washington is in worse shape than MU was in 2001 when he took this job. Pinkel has also stated in the past he is too old to start a complete overhaul again.

- Better chance for sucssess in the Big 12 North than the Pac 10. (would you rather focus on beating the teams the North and having a shot at the big 12 title or try to beat USC every year

- Better facilities

- established recruiting grounds in Mo and TX

- entire family, including grandkids live in and around the Columbia/St. Louis area

Reasons to leave

- $$

- used to coach there

I dont see him leaving to U-dub. But could see a move to a more 'traditional' power

Everything that I have heard/read is that he is not going. Rumor has it MU boosters would make sure $$ was not an issue. Even Don James (Pinkel's mentor) came out a month or so ago, when this move was rumored, and said he would tell Gary to stay.

What about Cow Tipping & Beefy girls??

Just messing with your Big Fro Daddy! :)

If you're gonna lob one like that.... Just couldnt resist :cheers

Is it just me, or was it just every year in the past, that everyone around the Big 12 would say the only reason Missouri hasn't done better is because of the "Pinkel" factor. Not trying to start any beef with MU fans, because they are obviously a better program at this point than we are, but it's funny that he was the reason for "never being able to win big games" and now, MU is willing to throw $$$$ to keep him. Furthermore, once agian, he hasn't WON anything big, except the North, which I have no problem as a Husker, saying that the North is a very average to poor conference.

He would be dumb to leave, but I hope he does, for our sake. He has done a great job, and while I like Mangino better, it does not change my opinion that he is a good coach.

Jayhawk,

Do you think there is anything behind some of the Mangino rumors going around? I heard that he is on the "list" for Clemson.

- He is 56 and Washington is in worse shape than MU was in 2001 when he took this job. Pinkel has also stated in the past he is too old to start a complete overhaul again.

- Better chance for sucssess in the Big 12 North than the Pac 10. (would you rather focus on beating the teams the North and having a shot at the big 12 title or try to beat USC every year

- Better facilities

- entire family, including grandkids live in and around the Columbia/St. Louis area

Reasons to leave

- $$

- used to coach there

I dont see him leaving to U-dub. But could see a move to a more 'traditional' power

it might be easier to just get the north... but there is no way you can say that year in and year out is is easier to get out of the big 12. esp considering the CCG

- Better facilities

Reasons to leave

- $$

- used to coach there

it might be easier to just get the north... but there is no way you can say that year in and year out is is easier to get out of the big 12. esp considering the CCG

I agree with you. I was just saying if he wins the north, he automatically gets a shot at the Big 12 Title. I would rather win my division and have a one game playoff for a conference championship compared to playing second fiddle to USC every year and always playing to be the 2,3 or 4th best team in my conference.

He would be dumb to leave, but I hope he does, for our sake. He has done a great job, and while I like Mangino better, it does not change my opinion that he is a good coach.

Jayhawk,

Do you think there is anything behind some of the Mangino rumors going around? I heard that he is on the "list" for Clemson.

I Don't think Mangino is leaving. We pay him well, he is allowed to runs things as he wants, and he is the MAN. He could be what Snyder is at K-State. At Clemson, there would be no patience, not much more money, etc. He could proabbly get more talent on his team, but if he keeps KU winning he can create that situation for himself here too. Look at Leech at Tech, he has enough talent to win. Anyway, long and the short of it, my prediciton is that he does not leave.

P.S. His weight is an issue too. Some schools would not be willing to have him represent their "tradition". We don't have much of one, he is making it, so we don't really care. He can also say almost nothing during his coaches show, nothing about player situations and make the calls he wants to make. He does not get second guessed much.

In Summary: He could always leave, if he wants to, but I do not think he will.