I refereed Brandon Wegher

As some of you know I referee varsity, jv, and freshman games on the side and my last varsity game of the year before playoffs was Sgt. Bluff Luton vs Bishop Heelan. I'm sorry for posting this up for so long but by the time the game was over on Friday it was 10:30 and I had to wake up early (7:00) and drive 2 1/2 hours to Lincoln for the Baylor game and then after the game, once I came home I went and watched Saw 5. But anyways this is what I saw.

Heelan got the ball first and I was pumped up to watch this kid play. So Heelans first series was something that I've been waiting for a while. Heelans first snap was a pass and was incomplete. The next snap was handed off to Wegher and he ran toward my sideline and was tackled for a lose of 2 I think. There must of been some words being exchanged in the pile and Wegher came up off the ground and implanted his helmet into the defenders facemask and my umpire threw his flag for a personal foul on Wegher. The ball was placed back and they handed it to Wegher again and he was stopped. So Heelans first possession wasn't very good and Wegher was held to like -2 yards.

Heelan's next series on Offense was almost the exact same where they would hold Wegher to negative or short yards but he finally broke I think a 88 yd TD run. After breaking that 88 yard run, Wegher was just warming up and they couldn't stop him after that.

Wegher scored all 5 TD's with two runs being over 60 yards or more (60yd and 88yd TD run) and he also caught an Interception about 6-7yds infront of me to take it to the house. He had about 4 rushing TD's and an Interception for a TD with at least 200 yards on the ground.

After the game was over I walked over to him, shook his hand and told him good luck at Iowa.......boy did I want to say that he would've looked better in Red and White instead of Yellow and Black.