Iowa vs. Penn State

BIGREDIOWAN

Hey everyone,

Well a few weeks ago for the Baylor game I brought 3 Hawkeye fans with me to the NU vs. Baylor game. They had a blast and couldn't believe all the stuff they were allowed to do in and around the stadium. Between seeing the Heisman trophy's, and touching them, and looking at all the history in our trophy room they were absolutely blown away! So I returned the favor and went with one of the guys to the Iowa vs. Penn State game. The other two were probably there, but we didn't get to meet up with them.

First off, nothing compares to Memorial Stadium and Kinnick Stadium didn't come close either. The reason it didn't come close is because they are two totally different atmosphere's. The tailgaiting was awesome, we showed up at around 10:15am and met up with my buddies neighbor and drank until we were dizzy. I met alot of nice people and they all were pretty amazed at how we were willing to do this for one another and thought our story was cool. They all were very supportive of the Huskers and thought that we would be back fairly soon.

The stadium was very nice! They had done upgrades in the off-season so everything looked brand new. The restrooms were nice and just everything around the stadium was nice. Once we got to our seats, about 30 minutes before kickoff, I got to meet the season ticket holders that sit around the guy I go with who has season tickets as well. They were all very cool and very supportive of the Huskers as well. The crowd obviously didn't do the things that NU does at it's game and the pre-game wasn't anything like Memorial Stadium. It was cool in its own right, but I didn't get the same goosebumps I do at Memorial Stadium, but I guess I'm not a huge Iowa fan either. The music for the team to come out to was Back in Black by AC/DC, but it was way to quite, just like at Memorial Stadium. The crowd was loud, but not as loud as I thought they would be for most of the game. They do a chant where the stadium breaks up into 4th's and one section says 'I' the next section says 'O', and so on and so forth and they do this for about 10 rounds or so.

The game itself couldn't have been better for me to go to. Once the Husker game was finally over I was able to calm down and actually pay attention a little more to the game I was at. I wore Husker gear underneath the Iowa gear so the red was touching my skin and nothing else. Iowa ends up beating the #3 team in the nation and everyone rushed the field. I made my buddy go down there because I told him, it had been 18 years since Iowa beat a Top 5 team and he may not get this chance again. The crowd was pumped as hell in the 4th quarter of the game though, but I still don't think they'll ever hold a candle to Memorial Stadium. Great game though.................. :thumbs