Huskers Steal Another Recruit From KU

So the Huskers have yet again lured another KU recruit away. This time it's Kevin Young, DE from Olathe, KS, along with Earnest Norman, LB from Texas. Both guys were looked at as key recruits for my Hawks. Now, both will be in Lincoln for the 2009 season.

This is frustrating. It's funny how the Huskers are now having to steal recruits away from the Jayhawks. That never took place during the NU glory days (cause NU didn't want anyone that KU had). So in conclusion, I guess my Jayhawks have arrived since the mighty Huskers are tapping into our recruits.

I'm not holding any grudges against NU, I mean, these are 18 year old kids and they will change their mind like the wind. I just find it upsetting that that's 2 kids now NU has stolen. All I can say Bo is that "what goes around, comes around". I wish Kevin Young and Earnest Norman the best of luck in Lincoln and we look forward to playing against you each year.

I will sleep better tonight knowing that Prinz Kande, CB and Norman's teamate in high school. Good to know is still a KU commit. He's more covetted than Norman will ever be, and will likely start as a true freshman.

In closing, BO and the NU coaching staff, STOP TAKING OUR RECRUITS!! PAYBACK IS A MUTHA :box _____ :box

All in favor of an early signing period for these kids, raise there hands!!! <_<

Indeed, what goes around comes around. It's quite nice to be on the better end of the deal - if you forgot, we got sniped last year about 15 times.

I'm not in favor of an early signing day. Early signing day is all about securing the rights of the universities. Pressuring HS kids to making earlier and earlier decisions. You know what'd be better? Set a deadline so that kids *CAN'T* make commitments before then. The system is out of whack. Kids need time, time, and more time to make and settle with an important decision.

I guess my Jayhawks have arrived since the mighty Huskers are tapping into our recruits.

Oh heck... as with most all high school athletes in the states surrounding Nebraska... these guys were born to be Cornhuskers, and are just re-discovering their destiny... having been briefly distracted by this short span of success you guys have had down there in Lawrence. :)

Indeed, what goes around comes around. It's quite nice to be on the better end of the deal - if you forgot, we got sniped last year about 15 times.

I'm not in favor of an early signing day. Early signing day is all about securing the rights of the universities. Pressuring HS kids to making earlier and earlier decisions. You know what'd be better? Set a deadline so that kids *CAN'T* make commitments before then. The system is out of whack. Kids need time, time, and more time to make and settle with an important decision.

That's true. Ya'll have been on the other side. I remember Ksucks snaked Freeman from ya'll. But in all honesty, that was a blessing in disguise!!! LOL. You just never can tell how these kids are going to pan out. I do agree that this kids need more time.

having been in their shoes before I can understand how they can change their minds. I when I was choosing where to go to med school I initially excepted a seat in one program but backed out when another one opened at a different school. I felt bad about it, but I needed to go to the school that was best for me. it was a really tough decision