4/11 practice

Huskers Escape Rain Inside Cook

Lincoln—The Nebraska football team was forced inside Cook Pavilion by heavy showers that moved into the Eastern Nebraska area Monday afternoon. NU began its final week of spring football with a two-hour practice in full pads, only the third workout remaining prior to Saturday’s annual Red-White scrimmage.

Well.....how do we look at full speed??? Are we contenders yet or what? I'm still having trouble finding a post about the situation with the wideouts. Do we have an outstanding WR or two that stepped it up in the scrimmage? Yall say Taylor had over 200 yds and 3 scores-- who got the meat of that? Or was it more of an all-around effort?

Lincoln—The Nebraska football team was forced inside Cook Pavilion by heavy showers that moved into the Eastern Nebraska area Monday afternoon. NU began its final week of spring football with a two-hour practice in full pads, only the third workout remaining prior to Saturday’s annual Red-White scrimmage.

Well.....how do we look at full speed??? Are we contenders yet or what? I'm still having trouble finding a post about the situation with the wideouts. Do we have an outstanding WR or two that stepped it up in the scrimmage? Yall say Taylor had over 200 yds and 3 scores-- who got the meat of that? Or was it more of an all-around effort?

leflore and fluellen are doing well as far as receiving.

I see octavian is practicing returning kicks. Thats intriquing.

I still have a feeling that taylor isn't to great and beck will beat him out after a couple of games.

I know Beck seems very mature for a high school kid, but I will have to assume any freshman QB is not going to a have a major impact unless proven otherwise. On the other hand, you can look at how poised Major Applewhite was at Texas in 1998, but I don't know if he was a first-year freshman or a second year.

I still have a feeling that taylor isn't to great and beck will beat him out after a couple of games.

I think Taylor will have a big spring game and command the starting position. Beck will have to be outstanding to beat Taylor out.

No one really talked about Beck too much in the forum when QB's were the topic.

So he's been doing well also? It'll be a comforting thought knowing you have three capable guys to run the offense. Old Cally or whoever's calling the plays may feel they could take more chances with playcalling.

So Octavian is practicing returning kicks?? That may not be a bad idea if he isn't starting on defense. The gunners wouldn't like crossing into that, I guarantee it.

It's good to see athletes being moved around and used in different spots. Shows their versatility and that the staff is looking for the best man for each position. I'm telling you, we will be in contention for something good this season.

No one really talked about Beck too much in the forum when QB's were the topic.

So he's been doing well also? It'll be a comforting thought knowing you have three capable guys to run the offense. Old Cally or whoever's calling the plays may feel they could take more chances with playcalling.

So Octavian is practicing returning kicks?? That may not be a bad idea if he isn't starting on defense. The gunners wouldn't like crossing into that, I guarantee it.

It's good to see athletes being moved around and used in different spots. Shows their versatility and that the staff is looking for the best man for each position. I'm telling you, we will be in contention for something good this season.

beck isn't here yet, he's still in high school.