Huskerboard Help for a Needy Family

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of update guys. All of your donations were received and provided to the family, with great appreciation. Here are some comments from my friends:

"Chad, They were overwhelmed by the generosity before Christmas and we were able to give them $520 more dollars in gift certificates for gas and groceries last week. The mother's status really won't change for the better but we are at least making her life easier. She wanted everyone to know how much it meant to her that she was able to enjoy Christmas without worrying about how to get by. The boy is working on getting into college and we think he has a good chance since he is in the top 20% or so of his class. Tell everyone thank you so much and that what they did really changed lives."

Some more comments:

"The student is doing pretty darn well in class; especially considering the number of stressors going on in his life. He's trying to get into Texas A & M. I think he stands a pretty good chance...good SAT scores and top 15% of the class. "

A big thanks again guys. I cant tell you how proud I am personally to have been able to come through like that, knowing how important this is. A great representation not only of Husker fans, but human spirit.