Omaha World Herald Articles

i dont think he dislikes the program, just the coaching staff, and admittedly one or two more years like the last and ill be right there with him, but for right now im staying kinda neutral, i understand that its gonna take time for a new staff, but i dont like last years results either, i found them to be excessive in the L column from what they were the year before.

skersfan Posted on Apr 16 2005, 04:40 PM

I say if you are not a fan of the program go away. I have answered your last stupid assed comments. This team is on its way back no matter what you think. Go to Onion U and follow them. They need Nebraska haters over there. 

all of you know he just dies to get a response like this, people get so pissed at him they sometimes seem to miss some good points that he has, sure maybe kinda extreme when he says it, but should you really hate that he doesnt think things are going well? are they going that well? im not saying hes right all the time, but i still need some proof myself that things are as great as some of you are acting like, im gonna wait and see how things go this season before i promote or denounce with the current staff. as of right now last season and a good recruiting doesnt make them much, i wanna see if they can improve on last season, that will be the test, not interviews, spring games, and recruiting classes. people shouldnt question FF's loyalty to nebraska, because he cares enough to be dissatified and want more, which i think all of us want too, and if you dont want better than 5-6, then thats just weird and i dont know why you would even watch a competitive sport.

That would be a great point if he actually wanted more from this program, however, I have a feeling he will be pissed off at this coaching and team effort no matter what the outcome of the team were to be as long as cally and Co are here.

Indy hits it on the head, I do expect more, this state, this program, us fans deserve more. I just have no faith in the coaches to get it done, and I dont like how things have gone the past 16 or so months. It has left a terrible taste in my mouth. I dont like alot of lip service, and I feel that is what we have received since the end of 2003.

As far as will I be pissed: no, not at all. Its just gonna take alot to get me to believe in the program the way I used to. I remember how I used to get goosebumps before the NUs big games, even more so than when I used to play. I have not had that feeling for quite some time, and the actions of pud have alienated me (and others like me) from the program even more.

As I have previously stated, puds little deal back in 2003 embarrassed the program, the state, and the university. Top it off by bringing in a coach and staff that have had bad player/coach problems in the past and have had marginal success at best, and sent me over the top.

skersfan Posted on Apr 16 2005, 04:40 PM

I say if you are not a fan of the program go away. I have answered your last stupid assed comments. This team is on its way back no matter what you think. Go to Onion U and follow them. They need Nebraska haters over there. 

all of you know he just dies to get a response like this, people get so pissed at him they sometimes seem to miss some good points that he has, sure maybe kinda extreme when he says it, but should you really hate that he doesnt think things are going well? are they going that well? im not saying hes right all the time, but i still need some proof myself that things are as great as some of you are acting like, im gonna wait and see how things go this season before i promote or denounce with the current staff. as of right now last season and a good recruiting doesnt make them much, i wanna see if they can improve on last season, that will be the test, not interviews, spring games, and recruiting classes. people shouldnt question FF's loyalty to nebraska, because he cares enough to be dissatified and want more, which i think all of us want too, and if you dont want better than 5-6, then thats just weird and i dont know why you would even watch a competitive sport.

That would be a great point if he actually wanted more from this program, however, I have a feeling he will be pissed off at this coaching and team effort no matter what the outcome of the team were to be as long as cally and Co are here.

Who gives a crap what he thinks? I don't. You people give this "Current Troll" way too much attention.

FormerFan you seem well versed in the workings of Husker Football and you say that you played. Were you in the Husker program at one time? You bring up a lot of good points some I agree with and some I don't but it's good to see the different viewpoints out there. I have been a Husker fan most of my 48 years and will always be one "NO MATTER WHAT", to me it would be a slap in the face to all of the former players and coaches if we abandoned the program no matter what state it is in. I am not a fair weather fan but a loyal lifer and I will have to roll with the up's and down's. Keep up the great post's folks I enjoy your viewpoints.

Remember:

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."

sdhsker

FormerFan you seem well versed in the workings of Husker Football and you say that you played. Were you in the Husker program at one time? You bring up a lot of good points some I agree with and some I don't but it's good to see the different viewpoints out there. I have been a Husker fan most of my 48 years and will always be one "NO MATTER WHAT", to me it would be a slap in the face to all of the former players and coaches if we abandoned the program no matter what state it is in. I am not a fair weather fan but a loyal lifer and I will have to roll with the up's and down's. Keep up the great post's folks I enjoy your viewpoints.

Remember:

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."

sdhsker

I should clarify, I never played at NU, I played high school ball, against quite a few of the guys who helped NU to greatness in the mid 90's. I see some of those guys around town every now and then, and have the opportunity to chat with them.

Husker football used to be a HUGE part of my life, but since TO retired, it has kind of taken a little of the luster off of the program for me. The whole puderson/solich disaster of 2003 really put a burr in my shorts.

I will always follow the team, thick or thin, but I am entiteld to my opinion just like everyone else is.