No intrastate rival

ClemBert

Iowa has Iowa State every year. Like most D1A schools, they want 3 non-conf home games a year. That means if they schedule Nebraska every year, the other two games have to be against lower competition that will play at Iowa every year.

There's a number of reasons you don't want to lock in two non-conf games against the Big 12 North, like recruiting, not getting national exposure by playing out of their region, fans wanting to see some variety of games from year to year and road trips, the need to improve and learn about your team by seeing different competition, and so on.

As a non-midwest Husker fan, I like to know that Nebraska is not locked into midwest-only games, and that I have a chance they'll play somewhere within driving distance to me once in awhile. I'd hate to see us playing Minnesota and Iowa every year, plus two home games against teams like SJ State.

Unless Iowa drops Iowa State, I see no way they agree to a yearly game with us. And fear of getting stomped is way down on the list of reasons, I would guess.

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

Pin...Tap Out - It's the same result... You still lost.

Your record speaks for itself Chizik.

vince, have i ever told you you're my hero?

Somebody wanna 'splain wat all this 'pin, tap' stuff is supposed to mean? oh, K, must be wrestling garb, answered my own Q....if so, yaz gotta provide pics of you guys in your unitards or whatever they calla 'em...

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

Somebody wanna 'splain wat all this 'pin, tap' stuff is supposed to mean? oh, K, must be wrestling garb, answered my own Q....if so, yaz gotta provide pics of you guys in your unitards or whatever they calla 'em...

One of my newphews is a fan of that UFC stuff. He told me a tap out is what a fighter does when he is losing and wants to quit.

For you guys into that stuff, is that right?

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

One of my newphews is a fan of that UFC stuff. He told me a tap out is what a fighter does when he is losing and wants to quit.

oh, k....

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

oh, k....

I just called him. It's time for hm get his butt out of bed anyway.

He said the gist was right but it should be explained as the loser is getting beat so that his only real next move is to quit or "tap out".

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

backwards as usual. :dumdum

you lost... miserably.

statements like "iowa doesn't want ant part of us", hawks fear "yearly beatdowns", etc are pure b.s.

Clearly Iowa has never ducked NU. proof is in the scheduling. It's historical fact. yet, even in the face of actual evidence, you don't get it.

BTW- chizek is the isu coach, not iowa coach. this "discussion" is iowa/neb based.

try to focus.

thanks for playing, better luck next time.

it was a pin....

thanks for playing. ;)

backwards as usual. :dumdum

you lost... miserably.

statements like "iowa doesn't want ant part of us", hawks fear "yearly beatdowns", etc are pure b.s.

Clearly Iowa has never ducked NU. proof is in the scheduling. It's historical fact. yet, even in the face of actual evidence, you don't get it.

BTW- chizek is the isu coach, not iowa coach. this "discussion" is iowa/neb based.

try to focus.

thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Chizik, I called you that because you have two the same winning percentages. By the way, I never said anything about yearly beatdowns.

Now, you try to focus and keep up with the rest of us.

Thank YOU for playing and come back whenever you'd like another beatdown.

K, now I'm one of the 'old' guys here and I can think of only a 3-5 times we've played IA in the last 45 yrs.

I think we own the w/l advantage over that time.

IA was a crap program for years 'til Hayden Fry got there and they stole the stupid Steelers unis back in the 70's and I think we still beat them then. We had gone to like a million bowls and IA finally got to one Rose Bowl and thought they were the shiznit.

It never made sense to blow a nonC game on a regular basis with IA back then and it doesn't now, unless we also schedule another GOOD, home vs home nonC game. If that were the case, it could be a natural and interesting thing to see develop.

I think IA would be more resistant to wanting a yearly game with Big Red than the other way around: why would you voluntarily submit yourself to a beatdown 3/4 of the time.

:bonez