Husker Transferring

Chapman leaving

This isn't the news involving a big man transferring that Nebraska fans were probably expecting this month.

Sophomore Alex Chapman a 6-foot-9 forward who's battled knee injuries and has never played in a Husker uniform, announced today he's transferring from Nebraska, leaving the program effective at the end of the fall semester, which ends this week.

"I have talked with Alex and he expressed his desire to move on after this semester," Nebraska Coach Doc Sadler in a statement. "I am very disappointed and I feel bad for Alex that he has made this decision to leave. I understand that he has been frustrated since his second knee injury this fall and that he has not been able to recover from it. He has not been healthy since he has been here, but I strongly believe that he could have been a very successful player for us.

"We are going to miss Alex not only as a basketball player but as a great teammate. I think it has been a compliment to him that even though he has been frustrated by the injuries, he has stayed committed to succeeding academically in his time here."

Said Chapman: "I wish I could have had better luck while I was here, but my main concern right now is finally getting healthy. I love the team and I really think the guys make a great group. They will do well because they are such good teammates to each other. I wish them all the best."

LJS

• 2 weeks later...