I think we should play...

master

Before I write anything I want to choose my words very carefully. Appears the lack of football every Saturday has created some animosity amongst the posters.

This thread leaves me with the question - are there any teams in a BCS division with winning records over every opponent (seems unlikely)? If not, who would have the fewest number of opponents where they trail in the series?

You can find series data at http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/series6.shtml. It hasn't been updated for 2008 yet though.

You'd probably want to sort the first page by clicking on the WIN% column to get the winningest teams up top, since one of the top 5 or 10 is likely to have the fewest # of losing series (though teams that haven't been in D1A too long might have less since they've play way fewer opponents). Then click on the top teams and again click on the WIN% column and scroll to the bottom to see how many series are under .500.

That would have saved me some time....

Before I write anything I want to choose my words very carefully. Appears the lack of football every Saturday has created some animosity amongst the posters.

This thread leaves me with the question - are there any teams in a BCS division with winning records over every opponent (seems unlikely)? If not, who would have the fewest number of opponents where they trail in the series?

K, now you're really trying to piss people off, especially 'jayhawk' cuz he's gotta research all that shizzle... :angry:

Oh. Wow. That is a tough one. I have some ideas. Pretty sure no one in D-1 has it over on everyone. If they have played for a while, they all lost a game to some junk school, or some YMCA/Army unit/Athletic club that is in their official record. I may look. I need more energy...

K, now you're really trying to piss people off, especially 'jayhawk' cuz he's gotta research all that shizzle... :angry:

Oh. Wow. That is a tough one. I have some ideas. Pretty sure no one in D-1 has it over on everyone. If they have played for a while, they all lost a game to some junk school, or some YMCA/Army unit/Athletic club that is in their official record. I may look. I need more energy...

waiting.... ;)