Putting things into perspective

np_husker

Very true about this only being his first year doing it compared to Cally's third year. Plus I think this Nebraska team could beat Auburn if they played in the Cotton bowl back in 07

Why is this team that almost lost to Colorado at home suddenly a juggernaut of hindsight?

Because this coach is going to see to it that "almost lost" when having things go wrong even when you are clearly the better team, will be the worst case outcome in that type of game next year.

If you are honest, Frank or Callahan never gave you that "feeling"

If we're being honest, Frank Solich coached a couple good but not great Husker teams to the verge of National Championships, and Callahan's second team took Colorado behind the woodshed for a beating in Boulder, and followed up by coming from behind and beating a better Michigan team in its bowl game.

Perspective, grasshopper.

Bingo! How about Solich going up against Stoops when I believe the rankings were #1 and #2 and pulling out the win. How many years did TO go in with as good or better team only to lose to Switzer? Notre dumb had like a 9 bowl game losing streak going. We weren't that far behind with TO at the helm. I remember just thinking each and everytime we went to a bowl we were about to get exposed. It's all about history and perspective.

Very true about this only being his first year doing it compared to Cally's third year. Plus I think this Nebraska team could beat Auburn if they played in the Cotton bowl back in 07

Why is this team that almost lost to Colorado at home suddenly a juggernaut of hindsight?

Because this coach is going to see to it that "almost lost" when having things go wrong even when you are clearly the better team, will be the worst case outcome in that type of game next year.

If you are honest, Frank or Callahan never gave you that "feeling"

If we're being honest, Frank Solich coached a couple good but not great Husker teams to the verge of National Championships, and Callahan's second team took Colorado behind the woodshed for a beating in Boulder, and followed up by coming from behind and beating a better Michigan team in its bowl game.

Perspective, grasshopper.

Bingo! How about Solich going up against Stoops when I believe the rankings were #1 and #2 and pulling out the win. How many years did TO go in with as good or better team only to lose to Switzer? Notre dumb had like a 9 bowl game losing streak going. We weren't that far behind with TO at the helm. I remember just thinking each and everytime we went to a bowl we were about to get exposed. It's all about history and perspective.

How about this perspective

I wouldn't want you picking a Coach- Look there are plenty of coaches out there that are good and can win 8,9, 10 games a year- but Callahan and Solich weren't going to lead us back to a national championship- at least if you were HONEST with yourselves you'd be able to see that Bo just may have do it.

Bo has what Solich and Callahan didn't have-leadership, charisma, and the ability to make other believe in what you say.

TO, to a certain point had all those things, but back then football was a completely different deal. we had prop 48's and big 8 rules- even TO knew the big12 would be a bad thing for NU.

Solich wasn't going to do anything except win a big game or two here and there.

Callahan was a fraud so by bringing him into the conversation you lost all credibility from the "honest" perspective-

although you have a right to be delusional which is another "perpective" and a less harsh way to sum up your perpectives