recruiting

Guest vince burghart

Guest vince burghart

I AM NEW TO THE CHAT ROOM AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF ALL THE RECRUITS WERE LOSING, AND TO MAJOR RIVAL TEAMS DUE TO THE FACT OUR AD CAN'T SEEM TO PULL HIS HEAD OUT AND FIND THE RIGHT COACH. I BELIEVE HE HAS SET OUR PROGRAM BACK AT LEAST THREE TO FOUR YEARS DUE TO HIS ACTIONS. I HAVE COACHED BEFORE AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT ALL COACHES STICK TOGETHER, AND THAT MIGHT BE THE REASON SOME COAHES ARE TURNING HIM DOWN TO PROVE TO STEVE THAT WE CAN PLAY THIS GAME TOO AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A REAL JACKASS. IT IS A SHAME THAT ONE GUY CAN COME TO YOUR PROGRAM, ESPESIALLY A HOME GROWN GUY AND RUIN YOUR TRADITION IN A MONTHS TIME.

well, let's not jump the gun here, National signing day is a just a few weeks away, and I'm sure that Pelini knows this. If recruits decide against Nebraska because of the way the coaching situation was handled.. we'll just have to deal with it.. but, when you have a program like Nebraska's and have 7-7 seasons.. that doesn't help recruiting very much either. Not for the high-profile guys at least. The Nebraska kids for the most part will still probably play for NU.

I think vince brought up a real good and intersting point, one that at least I hadnt considered.

I dont think any coach that is truly interested in the postiion would not interview simply b/c of what happend to Solich (unless they had ties), but i think youre right in that some of the coaches could have decided to attempt to give Steve some of his own medicine, and make things as difficult as possible for him.

i.e someone like Nutt couldve intentionally led SP to believe he was interested, knowing he wasnt leaving ARK. and that media story which made Steves life hell had to have come from somehwere...

i think that point does has some validity. intersting vince. its good to have a coaches perspective. what level do you coach?

1. Turn the caps lock off. Yell at your players, not at us. :)

2. Be patient, there is nothing binding any player to any team at this point. Sure,

there will be recruits that won't come because of this if it doesn't get resolved soon but

that is to be expected.

Recruiting is so tricky. You honestly cannot count a recruit until you have those papers signed on or after Feb. 5th. Last year Nebraska lost a 4 star LB to Oregan two days before signing day. If Callahan comes here, he could for any reason hook a few recruits that before this day had absolutley no contact with NU at all. This "game" called recruiting is slippery to get a hold of. Because of those new coaches last year, NU got three quick recruits who had no previous contact. It can happen

redout

Right, but as much as I like BC right now, I think for the sake of recruiting he would be the worst of the bunch.

1- he presumably has no college contacts at the moment

2 - he's not exactly looked at as a players coach right now, which is what it would take for players to change their mind I would think

But then again he still has that NFL name and the superbowl connection so you never know.