Our Gator Bowl trip from Ohio

What an awesome week we had! We left Pittsburgh Tuesday morning at 5:44 a.m. (had a little trouble with flights, a US Air flight attendant called off sick and threw our schedule off; we were given an 800 number and told we could fix it ourselves!) Anyway, we "fixed it ourselves" and made it to Jacksonville about 4 hours later than we were initially scheduled to get there. (Waiting in the airport in Philadelphia, a man asked if we were going to the game (we were wearing Husker shirts) and said he had been to a game in Lincoln and it was one of the best experiences of his life. He was a Penn St fan.) We stayed on the beach and were about 1/2 hour from the stadium. Everybody was friendly wherever we went. Johnny Rodgers & Tommie Frazier were at our hotel too. We went to a New Years Eve party hosted by them. We got autographs from both and pictures with Johnny and the Heisman. Pretty neat! Game day was a little chilly, but what a game! Parked about 2 blocks from the stadium, and went to a husker alumni pep rally before the game. Had a good buffet, and listened to Adrian, Matt, Coach Osborne, Johnny Rodgers, Tommie Frazier, band, and cheerleaders. We were told that tickets to the game had been sold in EVERY STATE in the country! How cool is that?? Lots of red, and lots of orange! Again everybody was friendly and we talked to Husker fans and Clemson fans throughout the day. I am still a little hoarse from yelling at the game, but oh well! I have lots of pictures too, and might post some when I get them ready. It was a great week, but we are back home now and headed for the normal work week! Wish you all could have been there too! (I told my husband that I'm really spoiled now, and will want to go to next year's bowl game......wherever it might be!)

What an awesome week we had! We left Pittsburgh Tuesday morning at 5:44 a.m. (had a little trouble with flights, a US Air flight attendant called off sick and threw our schedule off; we were given an 800 number and told we could fix it ourselves!) Anyway, we "fixed it ourselves" and made it to Jacksonville about 4 hours later than we were initially scheduled to get there. (Waiting in the airport in Philadelphia, a man asked if we were going to the game (we were wearing Husker shirts) and said he had been to a game in Lincoln and it was one of the best experiences of his life. He was a Penn St fan.) We stayed on the beach and were about 1/2 hour from the stadium. Everybody was friendly wherever we went. Johnny Rodgers & Tommie Frazier were at our hotel too. We went to a New Years Eve party hosted by them. We got autographs from both and pictures with Johnny and the Heisman. Pretty neat! Game day was a little chilly, but what a game! Parked about 2 blocks from the stadium, and went to a husker alumni pep rally before the game. Had a good buffet, and listened to Adrian, Matt, Coach Osborne, Johnny Rodgers, Tommie Frazier, band, and cheerleaders. We were told that tickets to the game had been sold in EVERY STATE in the country! How cool is that?? Lots of red, and lots of orange! Again everybody was friendly and we talked to Husker fans and Clemson fans throughout the day. I am still a little hoarse from yelling at the game, but oh well! I have lots of pictures too, and might post some when I get them ready. It was a great week, but we are back home now and headed for the normal work week! Wish you all could have been there too! (I told my husband that I'm really spoiled now, and will want to go to next year's bowl game......wherever it might be!)

That sounds awesome. You wont ever forget that experience.. :)