Urban Meyer new Tom Osborne!

rkhufu7

The Florida offense is simple. It is the wishbone run out of the gun. I don't see many Florida players on offense that are NFL stars, Harvin, Demps and other backs are the undersized HBs from Switzer's 80s bone teams and Tebow is the combo QB/FB. Their DBs are short, and it looks like the only star for the draft is MLB, Spikes. Harvin is a 3rd down back and special teams return guy. This reminded me of the 1997 Orange Bowl, where Tennessee had all the NFL talent and lost 42-17, although the OU coaches wasted Bradford tonight, trying to run the ball and abandoning the hurryup, while Meyer dumped trying to prove that Tebow was an NFL QB and went to pounding the rock and running the option. On 3rd down Tebow had ZERO intention of passing and put the team on his back. Harvis ran the ball, but he had huge holes. Stoops and Wilson choked and left Bradford and the WRs in the holsters for the 2nd half!

The Florida offense is simple. It is the wishbone run out of the gun. I don't see many Florida players on offense that are NFL stars, Harvin, Demps and other backs are the undersized HBs from Switzer's 80s bone teams and Tebow is the combo QB/FB. Their DBs are short, and it looks like the only star for the draft is MLB, Spikes. Harvin is a 3rd down back and special teams return guy. This reminded me of the 1997 Orange Bowl, where Tennessee had all the NFL talent and lost 42-17, although the OU coaches wasted Bradford tonight, trying to run the ball and abandoning the hurryup, while Meyer dumped trying to prove that Tebow was an NFL QB and went to pounding the rock and running the option. On 3rd down Tebow had ZERO intention of passing and put the team on his back. Harvis ran the ball, but he had huge holes. Stoops and Wilson choked and left Bradford and the WRs in the holsters for the 2nd half!

Looking at the way Meyer runs a game, and the plays he tends to call I'm personally convinced he snuck into TO's office at night during the middle 90's and studied our playbook. He's obviously influenced by what teams like NU used to do.

Who says the option is dead. Florida just won a title with it.

Looking at the way Meyer runs a game, and the plays he tends to call I'm personally convinced he snuck into TO's office at night during the middle 90's and studied our playbook. He's obviously influenced by what teams like NU used to do.

That was pure option football and who cares if he's not an NFL QB, he is a winner, he's Tommie Frazier and Scott Frost. That is the offense NU needs to run!

That was pure option football and who cares if he's not an NFL QB, he is a winner, he's Tommie Frazier and Scott Frost. That is the offense NU needs to run!

:dis I like the SpreadCoasttm. Last time I checked they where putting up some pretty good numbers with it. The team just needs to be more physical, more consistently. How many times did both those teams last night get STUFFED trying to run inside draws out of shotgun. A bunch. If anything Wats should continue to mold his own O to the talent in place and yards will come. I would like to see more creative plays at times, especially in the running game. But points are points.

I think Urban Myers option offense is far from "pure". I didn't see them running much triple option out of heavy sets. If anything the option's basic schemes and techniques have bleed over, but it's not like he's reinvented the wheel. The options fundamentals have always been valid in the game football he's just helped translate it to the shotgun. And pretty damn well really.