1pm Press conference

Pile

Lincoln -- University of Nebraska Athletic Director Steve Pederson and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman will introduce the new Cornhusker Football Coach in a news conference today. Pederson, Perlman and the new head coach will address the media and answer questions. The press conference will take place at 1 p.m. central time, after the coach has had the opportunity to address the team in a players-only meeting.

GO BIG RED!

-Pile

More key points:

*6-year $1.5 million contract

*BC said he would love to finish his career in Lincoln

*Praised for being a GREAT recruiter. SP referred to Tom Lemmings top 10 recruiter list over the past 20 yrs, & apparently BC is on there.

Also, I commend him for not banging on Al Davis no matter how bad he wanted to. A reported asked him about Alice and everyone started chuckling and SP says "I am NOT Al Davis huh huh uh huh" with Im sure that big cheesy grin. But BC did not "gravitate" to that level and pointed out the good experiences he had with Alice. This is indicative of strong character - although character in my opinion is more defined by "doing the right thing, when no one is looking". And that will be determined in the yrs to come.

thoughts?

Personally I think SP got lucky. It also sounds like Bo is outta here, was seen carrying a box out of the South Stadium and when asked if he was still part of the program he said he talk about that at the appropriate time....

I'm sure that time heals all but, I personally think this was the most Mickey Mouse firing and hiring I've ever seen... Rip me if you like but, I'll stand by that.

Guest WyomingHusker

Brother I will stand by you! What a circus Sp put out! What the hell is a West Coast offense? A bunch of long haired blonde headed surfers that say dude lots and totally narley? So now we will pass the ball and no more option or heads up football. What happens to Joe Dailey? Convert or walk! Sounds like a bad date!

Maybe it's time to convert myself! I like purple and white!

Although STeve ultimately had to be the one to hang in there and get it done - a la Callahan taking "grudens team" to the superbowl - Steve really isnt to praise for this. Similar to a Mercedes use car salesman, steve was ancillary in this whole process. The fact is Nebraska shouldnt need a "salesman". The program sold itself. And it should.

It really does seem like it was an instance of "destiny" if you will, where both parties had a need at the same time. Yes if BC becomes one of the greats, Im sure SP will get most of the cred, but he actually deserves very little. He came VERY close to botching the whole damn thing. seriously, we ARE very fortunate. Yes Steve made the tough decision to wack Frank, but we truly did square dance our way into this one.

Oh well, not trying to stick my di** in the mashed potatoes here, so welcome Bill Callahan, you will not find a more proud group of people than Husker fans. All we ask is that you do it "the right way", and we will support you through it all.

Good luck and GO BIG RED!!!

brm

Guest Visitor_WyomingHusker

I wonder if he will quit recruiting in Nebraska now? That was and is one of the greatest things about Husker football is the inhome recruits. Young men from towns that have 8 man football, second generation players from Nebraska, young men with small town attitudes, morals, and strong family ties. I hope this part of Nebraksa football don't go away. I will hate to see a roster filled with Kalifornia people and only a handfull of Nebraksa players.

Brother I will stand by you! What a circus Sp put out! What the hell is a West Coast offense? A bunch of long haired blonde headed surfers that say dude lots and totally narley? So now we will pass the ball and no more option or heads up football. What happens to Joe Dailey? Convert or walk! Sounds like a bad date!

Maybe it's time to convert myself! I like purple and white!

Once again you display that you don't know much about the game.

Guest Visitor_WyomingHusker

I was being sarcastic! I don't care much about Steve Pederson and his tactics. The passing game is the future of the NU program and I will accept it very grudgingly. I liken SP to a Boyscout making the calls for a Navy Seal Team or Delta Squad. I have seen his type over and over again in corporate America. Many I have worked for. I detest and resist change. It is my choice! All that was laking in the NU offense was a some consistent passing. If they could have mixed it up a little it would have been an entirely differnt season. I also don't like anything associated with the west coast! Football included.

I am excited about next year, I just hope some of the old standards stay. In state recruiting, keeping the staff, mixing a strong passing game with the option. I still liked OU's wish bone. Very versitle and viable. You can't argue with success. We will march forward. Only 8 months till kick off.