Cry for attention?! NA its just, Let's Look Ahead!

eoltmer

How long will Jamal Lord remain QB?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not to nitpick, OP, but you've got Taylor's passing stats reversed. Yes, he actually managed to throw 7 interceptions and only 2 touchdowns. I think that, at least for Tech, he will really be the key to the game. He managed to have a decent day tossing the football in Lincoln, but Pelini's defenses always scare me and you all will have a lot more tape to look at this time around. If Taylor can be competent throwing the rock, I'd say our chances are pretty decent. The key to beating Tech, though, always has been and always will be to make our offense one-dimensional. We're known as a hard-running team, but without the passing threat good defenses can just tee off on our rushing attack (see: Miami 16, VT 14 last year. There's no reason in the world we should have lost that game.)

Y'all will have to forgive me, I'm not even really sure which of your key players from last year will be back. How about that Niles Paul? Talk about a phenomenal athlete. Who else will be giving me nightmares this September?

I think a big factor for the Big Red @ VATECH will be our D-Line, provided Suh & Co. are playing like they were the last half of the season. I remember Taylor floating around and buying time frequently throughout the game. If Suh is still beastly and Allen and the other ends can keep contain, I think we might be take away their passing game, or at least limit it much more than in Lincoln. If we can get Taylor to make some mistakes it will take tons of pressure off of the new QB, whomever he is.

It may be delusional, but in my mind I remember the Big Red beating themselves last year (no disrespect to VATECH) in Lincoln. VATECH did capitalize on our muckups, but I think our defense found some light with BO towards the second half of the year (Oklahoma game not included ;) ).

A "signature" win only comes about when you beat a highly ranked team that you were not expected to beat - and you follow that up with more of them. In other words, a single "signature" win is something of a misnomer - and can only be determined in retrospect.

Take the Alamo Bowl win over Michigan. A ranked team that we were not supposed to beat. Could have been a signature win - had the Huskers then gone on to beat some teams they weren't supposed to beat the following year, and the year after that, etc. Otherwise, it was simply a great win - but only a single great win.

Virginia Tech would be the same, if thereafter we don't have some more wins over teams we weren't supposed to beat. If that's the case, it will simply be a great win. But if we follow it up with, say, an upset of Oklahoma, and beat the teams we should beat, it could become Bo's "signature" win.

:yeah so basicly the season will determine if this will be a signature win... :wasted

:yeah it can't be signature if it doesn't propel the team to a great season. Consider the teams out there that knock off number one rated teams. Oregon State is the perfect example. They knocked off #1 USC, fell short against teams in the conference that USC beat, and lost to Pitt with a measly 3-0 score.