Spring Game Televised?

JTrain

I don't see what everyone's problem with this is. ESPN picked the right school for a spring game broadcast this year (mine). Who would want to see a QB battle between 2 veterans and a highly touted recruit for a team who finished the year with a 4 game winning steak and an exciting bowl win? More importantly, who wouldn't want to see a game featuring a team with 3 early departures, (including two probable first-round skill players), a middle-of-the-pack projected conference finish, a delapadated defense, and more player arrests than points? ESPN obviously made the right choice by choosing to come to UGA. :sarcasm

In all seriousness, I don't get the rationale here. I have never been to a UGA G-Day game that drew more than 10,000 people. If it's all about money, one would think that more money could be made by picking up a game that people actually cared about (i.e. actually wanted to go to/watch).

I heard a week ago or so on Unsportsmanlike conduct that BO doesn't want it to turn into a circus (The exact wording I promise).

yes, because he'd rather keep it an intimate affair between the staff, the team, the 50,000+ fans and himself.

I heard a week ago or so on Unsportsmanlike conduct that BO doesn't want it to turn into a circus (The exact wording I promise).

yes, because he'd rather keep it an intimate affair between the staff, the team, the 50,000+ fans and himself.

Haha, yeah it was sort of a funny statement by BO, and the guys on UnSC were sort of laughing at it as well, but that was BO's reasoning. I believe he made the comment at the end of the press conference on signing day.