Husker Power

I definitely think the weight program is back in full swing. It was evident that it had been lacking the last couple years. Look at Titus Adam's for example. The guy looked like he spent his time at Popeye's instead of in the weight room!

Beck has been working with the program in Florida on his own accord and has gained 10 or 20 lbs, I believe. He's up to 220 last I heard.

I have heard similar things from other recruits. All of them received a strength package that gave them some pretty strict nutritional guide lines and a work out program for their position, and many of them, including Lucky, Beck, and Congdon have said that the program was really helping them. Lets just hope that it works on Barry Cryer, Man that guy is funny looking in an awesome way, you just wanna give him a hug or something!

Eppley basically took a vacation. He was much more interested in touring the country pushing his books, and programs instead of working with the NU football players. He's quite the brash individual. In his eyes he could do no wrong, and lets face it he did some amazing things, he is "THE" weight lifting guru of the 20th century. But his problem was he tried to ride that wave forever without working as hard as he used to.

Kennedy is a bit different than Eppley. Kennedy came in and gutted the weight room. Eppley can up with some amazing techniques and machinery, but sometimes he went to far. Kennedy saw all these fancy machines and trashed them. He has simplified some things. As far as nutrition, everybody got their own philosophy on that.