Ganz sounds off on Witt's departure

Ganz is certainly entertaining and will probably be a fun coach to play for when he finally goes in that direction.

I'm guessing Witt will be going Ivy League from his school comment.

Yeah, definitely sounds like Ivy league. Didn't he get offered a scholly from Harvard or something when he was a senior? From what I remember he is ridiculously smart. I think he had a brother go to an Ivy league school too?

Yes Harvard and his brother is there also.

• 2 weeks later...

Ganz is certainly entertaining and will probably be a fun coach to play for when he finally goes in that direction.

I'm guessing Witt will be going Ivy League from his school comment.

Yeah, definitely sounds like Ivy league. Didn't he get offered a scholly from Harvard or something when he was a senior? From what I remember he is ridiculously smart. I think he had a brother go to an Ivy league school too?

I don't know if anyone ever said what religion he is, but his brother went on a mission somewhere in the past. A mission might also be a possibility if he is LDS.

Unless things have changed, there are no athletic scholarships in the Ivy League...only academic ones.

Good read...but everyone knows what Witt's problem is...IMMATURITY. He needs to grow up, and his parents need to stay home and be supportive of him but not try to run his life. He is going to have a hard time being taken serious anyplace at this point. But, there will be some team out there that is just desperate enough to give him another chance.

The only thing I can think of him asking Bo to name the starter at the end of Spring drills is that he had a lack of confidence, and didn't want to have to wonder who the starter would be all through summer. If he was as good as some had touted him to be, he wouldn't have had anything to worry about...but I think he heard footsteps behind him, and got scared.

Witt later described his former teammate's comments as "pure speculation."

"Joe clearly has no idea why I made the decision that I did," Witt said in a written statement, "and I don't expect him to. There is more to my life than football, and that will be evident when I decide upon my next school."

:sarcasm Maybe he should just forget football, and worry about his education, he has no future after college in football.