All Time Safety

All Time Safety  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

easy: Mike Minter

2006 Inductee, Nebraska Football Hall of Fame

1996 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP)

1996 Second-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

1996 Big 12 Defensive Payler-of -the-Week (vs. Michigan State)

1996 Ton Novak Trophy Winner

1995 Second-Team All-Big 8 (AP)

1995 Big 8 Defensive Player-of-the-Week (Colorado

1993, 1995 Second-Team All Big 8 (Coaches)

not to mention having to recover from knee surgery in 94

:yeah

I can't believe Minter lost. I thought he would win in a blowout.

:sarcasm It was rigged, I tell ya, the fix was in!!

They are both good... :cheers I think many of these polls are influenced by the age of the people voting...it is all in what you remember. If we only had people that were over 50 voting, I am sure there would be some difference of opinion...we had some really good players back in the early 70's, and they kind of get lost in the shuffle as time goes by, as will the great players we had in the 90's at some point in the future. It is all about what is fresh in your memory.

If you really wanted to be totally fair about these polls, you wouldn't do a poll, but base it strictly on stats. But then even that would be flawed because certain stats would get more priority from one person than it would another. We play more games now than we did in previous decades. Also, when you list awards someone has won, that is influenced by who the competition for that award was that year, sometimes the competition is stronger than in other years.

So, we are basically doing a popularity contest here... ;)