Walkons get scholarships

In what way did Bill leave the team thin at those positions? Last I checked, almost 98% of the scholarship players on the team right now were either signed or recruited originally by Frank. Sorry if Bill didn't recruit enough Jucos to fill the needs of the team. I thought he had enough. ;) Less walk-ons only gives the ones who make it onto the team as a walk on more chances to get the attention of the coaches and try to earn a scholarship or some PT.

P.S. who blocked and who returned that punt against Mizzou last year? I believe they were walkons Former.

I guess Callahan really is trying to get rid of all the walkons like some persist to believe. ;)

He did slash the walkon program, that fact is irrefutable. :blink:

The only reason these guys got schollys is because bill left the team dangerously thin at these positions.

Yes he did cut it. But is there a good reason to have upwards of 130 players on the team?

I know there is a post around here where we reviewed previous roster sizes and I had no idea how large some of the numbers were. I am having trouble finding it with a search, though.

They only got the schollies because of depth problems? C'mon, you can do better than that. Am I missing something here? Only scholarship players can be on the field? Why would big bad Bill give them a scholly? Why not just use them at the position? I guess it has nothing to do with effort put forth in winter conditioning and spring. ne_nau.gif

Oh and Bill didn't "leave" the team thin.

Anyway, congrats to these kids! Free education > *.

Yes he did cut it. But is there a good reason to have upwards of 130 players on the team?

I guess it has nothing to do with effort put forth in winter conditioning and spring.

Oh and Bill didn't "leave" the team thin.

1 .It worked for years and years at dear ole Nebraska U, why wouldnt it now?? :wtf

2. Sure, that is possible.

3. Wasnt it the recruiting genius bill callahan who didnt get enough OL's to play?? Wasnt it bill callahan who failed to sign enough DB's to fill the backfield??

Wasnt it bill and coz-grovy who caused 2 All-American caliber dbs to leave early?? :blink:

1 .It worked for years and years at dear ole Nebraska U, why wouldnt it now?? :wtf

2. Sure, that is possible.

3. Wasnt it the recruiting genius bill callahan who didnt get enough OL's to play?? Wasnt it bill callahan who failed to get enough DB's to fill the backfield??

Wasnt it bill and coz-grovy who caused 2 All-American caliber dbs to leave early?? :blink:

1. Sure, you can ride your bike standing on the seat but that doesn't make it a good idea.

2. Yup.

3. As far as not "having enough" players, I am sure we won't have a problem filling out both sides of the ball. DEEP depth isn't going to come when you've had 1 good year of recruiting. Ok, 1 year and 3-4 weeks if you count his first year. Players leave teams when there is a coaching change. NU is no different.

Whether they "caused" them to leave is debatable and surely isn't fact. Can you prove they woudn't have gone pro if Callahan wasn't here?

How Quoting works.

Sure former, shoot your mouth off again. Now Callahan is responsible for poverty, recruiting impact freshman with a quarter of a year of recruiting, and probably hell in your eyes. Bullucks and Washington both left for the same reason. There families are poor and they want to get a contract so that they can move them out of bad neighborhoods and get them out of bad money situations. If you didnt notice, Daniel is still here, because both him and his brother wanted to play for Callahan, but in was imperitive that one of them get a contract. Oh, and Callahan has recruited thirty players in ONE year. We shouldnt even have that many schollies to give away. Your standing on one peg leg here man. The facts dont back you up. Frank left us in this recruiting hole that you speak off, and Callahan has recruited a nationally recognized class that features not one, not two, but three DB's to fill up the hole left by Frank and poverty. Nice try former

In what way did Bill leave the team thin at those positions? Last I checked, almost 98% of the scholarship players on the team right now were either signed or recruited originally by Frank. Sorry if Bill didn't recruit enough Jucos to fill the needs of the team. I thought he had enough. ;) Less walk-ons only gives the ones who make it onto the team as a walk on more chances to get the attention of the coaches and try to earn a scholarship or some PT.

P.S. who blocked and who returned that punt against Mizzou last year? I believe they were walkons Former.

Didnt bill sign 30 players in 05 and 18 in 04?? That would be like 46 (excluding greyshirts) of the 85 schollys available for bills recruits, which is much more than 2%. bill has been here for 2 years, its time to quit blaming this on FS.

So which walkons do you want to give a chance to, and which ones should not? Gerald Armstrong was like a 9th team walkon at one point, and ended up being a huge contributor to the 92 squad.

Just to let you know, I understand that walkons contributed last year against UM (as they have been for years), but why doesnt bill???

1. Sure, you can ride your bike standing on the seat but that doesn't make it a good idea.

2. Yup.

3. As far as not "having enough" players, I am sure we won't have a problem filling out both sides of the ball. DEEP depth isn't going to come when you've had 1 good year of recruiting. Ok, 1 year and 3-4 weeks if you count his first year. Players leave teams when there is a coaching change. NU is no different.

Whether they "caused" them to leave is debatable and surely isn't fact. Can you prove they woudn't have gone pro if Callahan wasn't here?

How Quoting works.

1. And what does that have to do with the price of condoms?? :blink:

3. Last I checked, depth of both OLs and DBs is dangerously thin at best. bill was supposed to be here to recruit, but he failed to bring in enough players at those positions to make up for the lack of depth. As far as having just 1 GOOD YEAR of recruiting, fine. I agree, I just want the rest of ya'll to quit talking about National Championships after 1 GOOD RECRUITING YEAR. Its ignorant.

Great, bill got a number one rated recruiting class (by his buddy, Tom Lemming). Remember, NU has won 5 NC's without the help of a number 1 rated recruiting class.

Oh, and I seem to remember quite a few O lineman in his recruting class. Somewhere in the neighborhood of six. He shoot and misses again ladies and gentlemen! :rollin  :rollin  :rollin

5-Hickman, Pastuer, Roark, and 2 Picous. Last I heard, Hickman may play DL, and the Picous are having a tough time qualifying academically.

Before calling out other people for being wrong, you had better check your facts (as well as your grammar).

yeah, and of the thirty, four have been able to step in memorial stadium in full pads, and three of them STARTED in the spring game. Strike three former Your Out!!!! Oh, and Frank recruited most of those 18, not Bill. Nice try again.

Then we had better credit that top 25 rated class to FS, right????

Much like Bob Humolka (sp?) on Friday night, you missed the call.