Huskers vs. Withcita St.

That's pretty much what I had heard. :facepalm:

Regardless, we need to find some pitching... some how, some way...

Any hopes of post-season play are looking rather dim at this point.

That said, I'm not ready to give up on this team yet. It's a rebuilding year. We're only half-way through this season and anything can happen. Our next 8 games are at home, so hopefully we can get some mojo back...

I'm not worried about the postseason yet, the 2007 team only won 29 games in the regular season and made the NCAA tournament. There are 27 games left before the Big XII tournament, I doubt Joe Broekemeier will be starting any of them. Nebraska's relief pitching gave up 4 runs tonight, 2 after the umpires bent to Stephenson's will and overturned a ruling. So if Nebraska can play .500 ball (which they did against 3 top 15 teams this past stretch), I would think their RPI would be fine.

That said, I'm not ready to give up on this team yet. It's a rebuilding year. We're only half-way through this season and anything can happen. Our next 8 games are at home, so hopefully we can get some mojo back...

I thought last year was a rebuilding year? Didn't we lose something like 7 pitchers after 2007? I was really disappointed in how we finished the season last year, after starting out so well, so maybe this year we peak at the end of the season.

I thought last year was a rebuilding year? Didn't we lose something like 7 pitchers after 2007? I was really disappointed in how we finished the season last year, after starting out so well, so maybe this year we peak at the end of the season.

Six or seven, I can't remember. But Thad Weber didn't sign after 2007. And then we lost another 5 pitchers to graduation and the draft after 2008...

Only three pitchers returning with any meaningful experience...

I'd call that a rebuilding year. Maybe not for the whole team, but definitely the pitching staff.