Nebraska vs. KSU *Time changes*

The schedule for this weekend’s Nebraska-Kansas State baseball series at Haymarket Park has changed because of forecasts for inclement weather.

The Huskers and Wildcats will now play a doubleheader on Friday beginning at 2 p.m. The second game will start no earlier than 6. Saturday’s game, which now figures to be the series finale, remains at its originally scheduled starting time of 2 p.m.

link

Not playing well in game 1. I don't know how they went from splitting a tough series with Arkansas and beating Oklahoma State to this slump. Sad to watch, we all know they can do better. I want badly for them to do better, because I'm tired of critics popping up here and there trashing the coaches. I don't think a revolving door would help the program more than sticking it out. But jeez, the mistakes they're making won't seem to quit.

OK now the NCAA tournament is in jeopardy. Losing a series to OU is one thing, even losing a midweek game isn't a disaster, but they should be able to beat KSU. It's really like nothing I've seen from the team, and I sat through the 2004 and 2007 seasons :bad Where have you gone, Mitch Abeita/Jake Opitz/Johnny Dorn? We need some leadership.

Abeita/Opitz are not what we need.. we need a pitching staff.... You also realize that KSU is a solid ball club right? Top to bottom the big 12 is brutal this year... The one series i would of looked at and said, okay, we win that, was TTech... but we already lost that... Saying the NCAA tournament is in jeopardy NOW isn't quite a true statement.. it's been in jeopardy all year... Of all preseason projections i saw NU was included in 0 of them... Since then, i've seen NU in one.. and as one of the last 5 in... Now, we still have plenty of time to get a couple of big series wins and limp into the tournament.. Next week may be a good time to do that.. sure we go on the road to Texas, but Texas can't hit the ball.. they can pitch, very well... but so can AJ Morris and we tagged him for 3... Much like Oliver/Lyons/Blandford... except honestly? OSU has better bats.... Hopefully we can bounce back... but maybe people can stop being a dick for me saying that there was no way we finish top 4 of the big 12 this year?

Abeita/Opitz are not what we need.. we need a pitching staff.... You also realize that KSU is a solid ball club right? Top to bottom the big 12 is brutal this year... The one series i would of looked at and said, okay, we win that, was TTech... but we already lost that... Saying the NCAA tournament is in jeopardy NOW isn't quite a true statement.. it's been in jeopardy all year... Of all preseason projections i saw NU was included in 0 of them... Since then, i've seen NU in one.. and as one of the last 5 in... Now, we still have plenty of time to get a couple of big series wins and limp into the tournament.. Next week may be a good time to do that.. sure we go on the road to Texas, but Texas can't hit the ball.. they can pitch, very well... but so can AJ Morris and we tagged him for 3... Much like Oliver/Lyons/Blandford... except honestly? OSU has better bats.... Hopefully we can bounce back... but maybe people can stop being a dick for me saying that there was no way we finish top 4 of the big 12 this year?

Maybe not Opitz, but how do you know Abeita couldn't do a better job working with the pitchers and getting them in the right frame of mind? Besides, two extra guys that can hit for power couldn't have possibly done any worse than the bats did today by and large. Meanwhile KSU only managed 1 run on Creighton on Wednesday (what, were they looking ahead?) and has been routinely roughed up in the Big XII when Morris isn't pitching (and I imagine after throwing ~140 tonight his arm will fall off and he'll lose out <_< ), good enough for last place (which Nebraska gladly took from them). They've got a lot of older guys, but they should not win a series in Lincoln by an average of 10 runs per game. I look more at pseudo-RPI, at the beginning of the week, NU was 51st, not great but probably good enough to make it in. Doubt that'll stay put.

Nebraska loses 5-3...

Swept at home for the first time since 1997.

I don't even know what to say anymore... :( Except that Hauptman was dynamite after that 1st inning.. bats couldn't pick him up though.

And actually, huskerswrkhavoc... Texas comes to Lincoln. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot... Sole possession of last place in the Big XII... Time to go drown soom sorrows...