Rob Childress to aTm???

Seems like Texas "A$M" fired their head baseball coach today. Will Byrne look to Lincoln to fill the vacancy???

This would be terrible for NU baseball :(

Another rumor is that VanHorn is not happy at AR, and may consider going to A&M.

I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibilities. Childress is a solid coach and he has said that he wants to be a head coach some day, but I'm not quite sure he's ready to move.

Former, what have you heard about Van Horn at Ark., why is he upset?? I know he lost two players earlier in the year..

Seems like Texas "A$M" fired their head baseball coach today. Will Byrne look to Lincoln to fill the vacancy???

Another rumor is that VanHorn is not happy at AR, and may consider going to A&M.

I thin Byrne will certainly inquire about Childress but he isn't going to move anywhere.

I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibilities. Childress is a solid coach and he has said that he wants to be a head coach some day, but I'm not quite sure he's ready to move.

Former, what have you heard about Van Horn at Ark., why is he upset?? I know he lost two players earlier in the year..

Im not sure about the Van Horn situation, I just heard (on the radio) that he is not totally happy with the AD in AR, and may listen to Byrne if he wants to talk. Obviously, Dave and Bill had a good thing going in Lincoln, Im sure that Van Horn could turn A&M into a power.

I could be wrong, but didnt AR change ADs after Van Horn was hired??? If so, I think that could be a big reason to why he could be unhappy.

Im not sure about the Van Horn situation, I just heard (on the radio) that he is not totally happy with the AD in AR, and may listen to Byrne if he wants to talk. Obviously, Dave and Bill had a good thing going in Lincoln, Im sure that Van Horn could turn A&M into a power.

I could be wrong, but didnt AR change ADs after Van Horn was hired??? If so, I think that could be a big reason to why he could be unhappy.

Wasn't the AD's name Broyals....some yocal bumpkin. Ark Husker has to know this. WHy would the AD want to piss off your best coach? Didn't Van Horn get the Rbacks to Omaha last year?

Yep, Frank Broyles - current AD and has been the AD for about 30 years. Not a word has come out of Fayetteville of any issues between Broyles and Van Horn. Certainly no problems with the facilities, either - they upgraded again last year.

But the best coach is McDonald, the track coach. McDonnell's men's teams won 37 Southwest Conference Championships, and 38 of 40 SEC titles in Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field. The Razorbacks, under his direction, won 5 National Triple Crowns. Arkansas is the only university to ever win even one National Triple Crown.

Talk about domination...

Yep, Frank Broyles - current AD and has been the AD for about 30 years. Not a word has come out of Fayetteville of any issues between Broyles and Van Horn. Certainly no problems with the facilities, either - they upgraded again last year.

But the best coach is McDonald, the track coach. McDonnell's men's teams won 37 Southwest Conference Championships, and 38 of 40 SEC titles in Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field. The Razorbacks, under his direction, won 5 National Triple Crowns. Arkansas is the only university to ever win even one National Triple Crown.

Talk about domination...

I guess I was incorrect about the AD, but the supposed tiff between he and DVH is more rumor and speculation. I dont know if it is true or not, just something that I heard.

For what it's worth, and to bring the thread back somewhat closer to the original posting...

Arkansas Coach Dave Van Horn said Tuesday he is not a candidate to replace fired Texas A&M Coach Mark Johnson.

Johnson was terminated Monday after the Aggies finished 30-25-1 and failed to make the Big 12 Conference Tournament. The Daily Oklahoman of Oklahoma City reported in today’s edition that Van Horn and Cal State Fullerton Coach George Horton were among the leading candidates to replace Johnson, who coached for more than two decades at Texas A&M.

Texas A&M Athletic Director Bill Byrne was the athletic director at Nebraska when Van Horn coached the Cornhuskers. “I haven’t been contacted, and I wouldn’t be interested,” Van Horn said Tuesday in Hoover, Ala., after practice for today’s SEC Tournament game against Florida. “I don’t know the situation down there, and I feel bad for Coach Johnson. I’ve known him for a long time and coached against him, and I’m disappointed for him that this has happened.”

Van Horn is a former Arkansas player in his third year as the Razorbacks’ head coach.