Pregame help for Saturday

How are you? Just registered and this looks like a great board. We will be in Lincoln on Saturday for gymnastics Nationals and bought tickets to the Spring game. My question is what should we do before the game? Is there any pregame parties going on that non-donor fans can go to? Is there and main tailgating areas we should go and walk through? This is our first trip to your campus and I'm really excited that it is your spring game weekend, I'm just looking for any advice you may have. Thank you

How are you? Just registered and this looks like a great board. We will be in Lincoln on Saturday for gymnastics Nationals and bought tickets to the Spring game. My question is what should we do before the game? Is there any pregame parties going on that non-donor fans can go to? Is there and main tailgating areas we should go and walk through? This is our first trip to your campus and I'm really excited that it is your spring game weekend, I'm just looking for any advice you may have. Thank you

There are always people tailgating in the parking lots around the stadium. The bars on O street between 10th and 15th street will be hopping as well. If Sidetracks is going to be open you should definitely swing past for some music and a brew.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time. Wear a Utes shirt and I am sure you will get many pleasant inquiries and suggestions as to where you should head pre- or post-game.

Welcome to Lincoln! There are a lot of activities going on around campus all weekend. Here is a link to the schedule of events but most are alumni/donor oriented. I'd recommend stopping by the alumni association office when you arrive (1530 R Street) on campus and explain to the receptionist you are visiting from Utah and ask for a map and suggestions what to attend.

Hit the Husker Nation Pavillion before the game (NE of the stadium) from 10-12 Saturday. I'm afraid if it's raining as predicted it will put a damper on some of the tailgating.

There are also a couple of nice museums on campus. And usually the west entrance of the stadium is open for self guided tours. There is usually a Heisman Trophy and National Championship Trophy on display as well as lots of pictures and football history. I'm hedging on the schedule and trophies that may be on display at the stadium because it has been different on the several times I've been in there.

Enjoy!

http://www.huskeralum.com/programs/alumni_...nd/schedule.htm

Be prepared to become a husker fan. The passion you'll see on only a spring game will be enough. :-) have a great time.