Huskers @ A&M

We fell 8-2 tonight @ A&M but the major story again was free passes... we allowed 12 of them... 6 HBP and 6 BB's.... Yost looked really really good tonight in 4+... He gave up a couple of free passes but worked around them for the most part... The Huskers actually jumped out and got a run in the top of the 1st and A&M answered... then got 3 more in the bottom of the 4th... so it was 4-1 through 7 and a half when thanks to 3 free passes the Aggies scored 4 runs to blow it open... we got a run in the top of the 9th to lose 8-2... If we can just make people hit the ball! And the worst part was we were actually getting ahead of hitters when we hit em.... at least we're getting there... they are doing a little bit better... hopefully we bounce back tomorrow...

To me it is the same old story, I listen to the game before having to be at one of my son's games. We might as will keep Bird on the bench the guy is really bad! I always hope we win but the hole just keeps getting deeper.

I know Anderson will get another year but what kind of damage will this year have on next year?

Last year Eric Newman seemed to have a clue but this year? Does he have a clue? Are the pitchers so young they just dont get it?

To me it is the same old story, I listen to the game before having to be at one of my son's games. We might as will keep Bird on the bench the guy is really bad! I always hope we win but the hole just keeps getting deeper.

I know Anderson will get another year but what kind of damage will this year have on next year?

Last year Eric Newman seemed to have a clue but this year? Does he have a clue? Are the pitchers so young they just dont get it?

I agree on bird because he is bad.. but he actually pitched really well against UT and i'm assuming thats why he got the opportunity... as for Newmann.. He's a young coach and did really good things at DBU... Last year he took a staff that was supposed to be nothing and ended up being really really good... This year is less than stellar.. obviously. You could say the jury is still out on him but we just need to throw strikes.. If the kids can't get the ball over the plate it can't really be his fault.. Like i said it looked promising since we were getting ahead in counts but we just hit guys..

A&M has outscored their opponents by 40 runs in the 6th inning, including their 8-run explosion tonight. Naturally 5 errors doesn't help. But I'm glad to see Roualdes was at least able to last 5 innings and only gave up 2 earned runs, he needs to get back on track if this team wants to salvage any semblance of pride this season.

The 5 errors is the part that is killer, and out of two of our veteran players in tezak and farst (4 of the 5)... But the fact that the pitching is at least showing signs of improvement is a good sign.. Not a lot a coach can do when something is coming undone like that in the middle of an inning.. I mean, they can only go to the mound so often.. 2nd visit to a single pitcher or 3rd overall visit (ie 1 visit to 2 different pitchers then 1 to the 3rd) = an automatic pitching change.. so it's not like the coaches can do too much to try to stop the bleeding other than making changes mid inning.. They are bouncing back though and that's the important part.. The pitching is improving and hopefully we can place it together here in the next few weeks to give us something to build on for next year...

Yeah, Yost and Hauptman have done enough to warrant their spots I think. Earlier in the year when the bats were actually a factor we would have been thrilled to have the kind of starts they're having, but now it looks bad because the lack of pitching then forced the scoring into its present death-spiral. Funny year, not fun to watch but certainly one I'll remember.