Most Impressive on offense?

I was thinking the same when I was listening to the game. Then, I remembered this is an elaborate practice and the Defense is as plain jane as you will ever see.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. The defense was ridiculously simple, and the players didn't seem to have it down. The D and especially the secondary is still 5-10 yards behind the play all the time. I'm certainly not as high on the D as some folks are all ready. I just don't see that dramatic difference in talent, at least not where it counts, up top.

It's not fair to judge the offense and defense because it was split up evenly. We didn't have the best players on the field for every snap and had quite a few young guys at key positions getting reps.

Spring games are terrible indicators of how a season will go, so we really shouldn't rate them that well. Especially ours, considering the teams were split up evenly and many key players didn't play for more than 1 quarter.

True. But the things I'm seeing are the constant breakdowns in the simple fundamentals. And at times a complete lack of technique by all the DBs. Things that any first year D1 player should know. It did seem like the coaches where picking on Jase Dean during Brooks TD drive. But Cotton's TD, now that was just plain awful!

You are right it's only a spring game, there is still a lot of time to improve. I just hope the secondary is willing to put in the work it's going to take to make a real improvement over last year.

:hellloooo:laughpound:hellloooo:dumdum:clap:box

I was thinking the same when I was listening to the game. Then, I remembered this is an elaborate practice and the Defense is as plain jane as you will ever see.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. The defense was ridiculously simple, and the players didn't seem to have it down. The D and especially the secondary is still 5-10 yards behind the play all the time. I'm certainly not as high on the D as some folks are all ready. I just don't see that dramatic difference in talent, at least not where it counts, up top.

It's not fair to judge the offense and defense because it was split up evenly. We didn't have the best players on the field for every snap and had quite a few young guys at key positions getting reps.

Spring games are terrible indicators of how a season will go, so we really shouldn't rate them that well. Especially ours, considering the teams were split up evenly and many key players didn't play for more than 1 quarter.

True. But the things I'm seeing are the constant breakdowns in the simple fundamentals. And at times a complete lack of technique by all the DBs. Things that any first year D1 player should know. It did seem like the coaches where picking on Jase Dean during Brooks TD drive. But Cotton's TD, now that was just plain awful!

You are right it's only a spring game, there is still a lot of time to improve. I just hope the secondary is willing to put in the work it's going to take to make a real improvement over last year.

chris brooks stood out like my picture in a horror movie :restore:wtf