Most Impressive on offense?

I was at the game and thrilled that there was no rain like the forecasters had expected. I was surprised by a couple guys and feel the koolaid running through my veins! haha :koolaid2: Here's how I saw the performances in the spring game:

QB: 1.&2. Zac Lee and Latravis Washington (extremely impressed by Washington) 3. Cody Green

RB/IB: 1. Quentin Castille (looked faster) 2. Lester Ward 3. Collins Okafor 4. Austin Jones but think we are very deep at RB with Helu thrown in the mix too

WR: 1,2,3: Chris Brooks, Marcus Mendoza, and Antonio Bell all looked really good

TE: Think they are all pretty solid, but maybe Kyler Reed and Mychael McClure will be the future bright spot for us

Another bright spot: Tim Marlowe back there returning punts... wow

Well there's my 2 cents... let me know what you guys think

And now the long summer begins and I'm even more impatient for September 5th!

Obviously Washington and Lee were impressive at QB, but overall I was impressed most by Chris Brooks on offense. Washington wasn't exactly putting those balls where they should have beem, ie throwing behind him etc... and Brooks was adjusting making some sweet grabs.

Also just our whole TE position. We kind of know what McNeil is, but Reed has some explosion that no other TE we have does, and Cotton looked pretty good.

I will have my complete spring game break down later... BUT for now, the things that stood out to me.

We have decent depth at RB... I was nervous that after castille and helu we had a huge dropoff. Not the case. Lester ward found seams that didn't exist, okafor ran hard every play (no homo) and jones was really shifty. good stuff.

WR, once again we saw some drops from a couple of guys. Will Henry just wasn't getting a lot of balls thrown his way, but when he did, he dropped some. A lot of that is mental... hopefully he can get it straight. Antonio Bell is going to be a good receiver for us... he caught a lot of good balls. Brooks was on fire in a slot position early in the game and caught a lot too. Meno didn't impress a whole lot...

TE's - VERY impressive... I will elaborate more on these guys when I give a full update.

QB - There were some very suspect throws made by all three guys... throws that probably wouldn't work outside of the spring game. overall though, they weren't terrible. I think latravis will be a decent backup, to the point where green will redshirt (which he REALLY does need... he isn't ready)

Fandom must be pleased with this game. Reasons

1 We have two quarterbacks who can play. LatWash performance was huge, unbelievable almost.

2 Antonio Bell is the real deal and the REC position and its question marks seems to be in good stead.

3.The frosh LB's were damn good, even kreikmeyer was making a lot of tackles.

4 Safety depth is so much better, and thus we will not have to suffer the slings and arrows of poor tackling, because someones ready behind everyone, seemed true of corner backs as well.

5 RB will not be a problem, the young guys all made some good runs.

6 TE deepest position on the team....K reeds speed is unmatched by anyone in B12.....flat out eats yards.

7. OLine 2 deep is solid....which is what we need across the board, and some of these guys have great upside, DJ Jones was according to one guy just lights out.

8 Punter we may have 3 to choose from, thinking each had 1 over 50.

9 Returns, Bell brought 3 out from inside the 5 to near the 30, Marlow had one really good return...whats not to like.

10. Last fandom ? mark was DE, from the broadcast....it sure sounded like the young guys there were making plays too.

when you think about this mix of youth and experience, if this team gets chemistry they can play with anyone. Helu, Lawrence, Paul out, and they will all be big contributors next fall.

The speed of MAY, PJ Smith, Osborne, Compton, fisher will allow this defense to play the spread at a whole new level. With our Dline we are now poised to return to top 10 defense. The reversal of the take away ratio is a near certainty with such a fast strong middle D. this will put enormous pressure on QBs....so expect a lot of picks.

Yes indeed the pieces of the puzzle are in place, quality depth,,,,,great coaching....skys the limit if they come together as a team...

damn that was nice to see Latravius....you were bold enough to step up and say look at me...

wish you were a freshman...because you've got skills.

Didn't attend, but from what I've seen there was still a lot of busted plays and wide open holes in the back four. Anyone see otherwise? Because I'm still a bit hesitant about this immediate turn around some are talking about back there.

I was thinking the same when I was listening to the game. Then, I remembered this is an elaborate practice and the Defense is as plain jane as you will ever see. If the Offense didn't score a few and have a few big plays, I would deffinately be worried. Being woried about the D at this point in the OFF season is just that; the offseason. That was fun listening to and about what I expected. The QB's had some quality reps infront of 77,000 husker fans, in fact, alot of first timers and very inexperienced ball players took a big step. I don't see any down side. I thouroughly enjoyed it.

The summer workouts and the fall practices will be the true work for the team. No worries at this time.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

It really does sound like we are stacked at TE which is nice considering we need that receiver this next season more than ever. We are going to be young and inexperienced at wide receiver, but it sounds like these guys may be ready to step up. I was seriously impressed with how Washington came out playing. Having not been in the QB position for a while it's nice to see he's picking things up. :thumbs

I was thinking the same when I was listening to the game. Then, I remembered this is an elaborate practice and the Defense is as plain jane as you will ever see.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. The defense was ridiculously simple, and the players didn't seem to have it down. The D and especially the secondary is still 5-10 yards behind the play all the time. I'm certainly not as high on the D as some folks are all ready. I just don't see that dramatic difference in talent, at least not where it counts, up top.

I was thinking the same when I was listening to the game. Then, I remembered this is an elaborate practice and the Defense is as plain jane as you will ever see.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. The defense was ridiculously simple, and the players didn't seem to have it down. The D and especially the secondary is still 5-10 yards behind the play all the time. I'm certainly not as high on the D as some folks are all ready. I just don't see that dramatic difference in talent, at least not where it counts, up top.

It's not fair to judge the offense and defense because it was split up evenly. We didn't have the best players on the field for every snap and had quite a few young guys at key positions getting reps.

Spring games are terrible indicators of how a season will go, so we really shouldn't rate them that well. Especially ours, considering the teams were split up evenly and many key players didn't play for more than 1 quarter.